wulf deal

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Any of the rest of you Limflex of Limo breeders get information about what Wulf is offering to any commercial breeder to buy up your calves? Whats that deal all about??

They have two contact phone numbers on their web site. Basic idea is to fit into a premium market. I called Jerry Wulf and told him I was using 3 Limi bulls out of his lines. He wanted to know location, cow type, cow size, and cow numbers. I think they have trouble filling their feedlots like just others, so they are trying to line up new suppliers. Ideally you are close to Nebraska or SD.

Sounds like they will buy calves any which way and pay a couple dollar per cwt premium if you do not use implants ect... Hard to see a benefit to the seller unless they really bid up the price at an auction, and/or you can not pen your your bat **** naturally crazy calves. :cowboy:

The Limi bulls I have are really long and really mellow. Local fad is big black simi bulls so I am out of sync as usual.

I kinda wondered if that was what they were doing. Premium compared to what?? sale barn prices??

I'm sure I'd be too far away, .. My bull doesn't have any (recent anyway) Wulf blood in him. Like Steve said, he's really long and really mellow... He's just a big puppy.. 4 months will tell me if I like his calves, I think he'll do well on some of my cows and not so well on others.

wulf was on american rancher a few weeks back, they have a 14,000 head feedlot in ND I beleive, they were buying cattle , it was called wulf cattle depot, it was something new, and I believe they were leasing a 20,000 acre ranch there as well.

I heard wulf was expanding. ND sounds like a great move since corn is $1.50 per bu up there. But, they will need cattle, and funnel butts don't cut the mustard.

Nesikep":1v1l67d9 said:
I'm sure I'd be too far away, .. My bull doesn't have any (recent anyway) Wulf blood in him. Like Steve said, he's really long and really mellow....

Could move to North Dakota... Been there, done that, and had some world class bird hunting. :cowboy:

Latest posts