wth is going on in houston tx

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan":2tb9dlx4 said:
Bigfoot":2tb9dlx4 said:
Oddly enough, Christians losing their rights is a subject I have devoted a lot of thought to lately. It seems that hurdles are put in our way everytime you turn around. Sometimes they are small, and hardly noticed. Other times, they are large and obvious. I do feel like my opinion, and my belief is being slowly silenced.
I've made this statement on here before, but it's fitting again. When I was a kid, there were things you didn't talk about, because they had no place in polite conversation. Now, at 43, I can't talk about them, because I might offend someone. The very behaviors that used to be taboo to speak about are so widely accepted that they are the norm.

Sure. Just think about the things that were considered bad 30 years ago that are now not only ok, but we should celebrate it, then, what was good back then is now very wrong and politically incorrect. I always heard about the calling good evil and evil good when i was growing up, and understood what the words meant, but didn't really let it sink in; I didn't have any real life examples at the time. I would think of something bad and wonder, "how could anybody ever call that goo?" I don't have to look far these days.

Before this is over we will have to ban together and fight in the streets or be picked
off one at a time. We are going to have to fight for first and second amendment rights.

I heard this is being done because churches and others spoke out against a new law in Houston that allows men to use women's bathrooms or women to use men's bathroom depending on what gender they feel like being that day. Perry and Abbott need to step up and tell that bull dyke and the Houston city council where to shove their subpoenas.

wacocowboy":142t9bl2 said:
I heard this is being done because churches and others spoke out against a new law in Houston that allows men to use women's bathrooms or women to use men's bathroom depending on what gender they feel like being that day. Perry and Abbott need to step up and tell that bull dyke and the Houston city council where to shove their subpoenas.

As I've gathered from various news sources, the request for sermons was in a subpoena issued to churches that had participated in a lawsuit against the city over that ordinance, and was only part of the information/documents requested. I know that in civil lawsuits the lawyers will frequently subpoena every piece of paper in sight, possibly including the type that comes in small rolls and is stored in a holder next to the toilet. This morning the local news station reported that the request for sermons was done by the lawyers without the mayor or city council's knowledge, and they would see about having it removed. I'm not saying I necessarily believe that, and definitely not defending them, just adding more information to the discussion.

Caustic Burno":15ypm3p0 said:
herofan":15ypm3p0 said:
Bigfoot":15ypm3p0 said:
Oddly enough, Christians losing their rights is a subject I have devoted a lot of thought to lately. It seems that hurdles are put in our way everytime you turn around. Sometimes they are small, and hardly noticed. Other times, they are large and obvious. I do feel like my opinion, and my belief is being slowly silenced.
I've made this statement on here before, but it's fitting again. When I was a kid, there were things you didn't talk about, because they had no place in polite conversation. Now, at 43, I can't talk about them, because I might offend someone. The very behaviors that used to be taboo to speak about are so widely accepted that they are the norm.

Sure. Just think about the things that were considered bad 30 years ago that are now not only ok, but we should celebrate it, then, what was good back then is now very wrong and politically incorrect. I always heard about the calling good evil and evil good when i was growing up, and understood what the words meant, but didn't really let it sink in; I didn't have any real life examples at the time. I would think of something bad and wonder, "how could anybody ever call that goo?" I don't have to look far these days.

Before this is over we will have to ban together and fight in the streets or be picked
off one at a time. We are going to have to fight for first and second amendment rights.
You are absolutely correct Brother.

Every Texan needs to contact the AG and Representative I have.
This mayor is violating the Texas Constitution along with the US.

From Texas Bill of Rights.
SEC. 6. All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences. No man shall be compelled to attend, erect or support any place of worship, or to maintain any ministry against his consent. No human authority ought, in any case whatever, to control or interfere with the rights of conscience in matters of religion, and no preference shall ever be given by law to any religious society or mode of worship. But it shall be the duty of the Legislature to pass such laws as may be necessary to protect equally every religious denomination in the peaceable enjoyment of its own mode of worship.

Caustic Burno":ubagkiur said:
Every Texan needs to contact the AG and Representative I have.
This mayor is violating the Texas Constitution along with the US.

From Texas Bill of Rights.
SEC. 6. All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences. No man shall be compelled to attend, erect or support any place of worship, or to maintain any ministry against his consent. No human authority ought, in any case whatever, to control or interfere with the rights of conscience in matters of religion, and no preference shall ever be given by law to any religious society or mode of worship. But it shall be the duty of the Legislature to pass such laws as may be necessary to protect equally every religious denomination in the peaceable enjoyment of its own mode of worship.
CB, I'm with you but the stage has been set. It may not be with this Houston case, but churches will lose this type of case in the courts, eventually.

Defined:
Hate speech - Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits.

Under the same method used to sanction homosexual marriage (equal protection clause) churches speaking out against homosexuality will be charged with hate speech. And churches will lose...