WTF... Did you do to my track loader???

Help Support CattleToday:

Using a D8 rather than a piece of chain. Apparently if you use a chain you have to get your lazy butt out of the seat to hook it up and this is just to much trouble. One of the times was actually just one of those things but the D8 that was stupid.

Jogeephus":1g7cpri7 said:
Using a D8 rather than a piece of chain. Apparently if you use a chain you have to get your lazy butt out of the seat to hook it up and this is just to much trouble. One of the times was actually just one of those things but the D8 that was stupid.

wow did this happen twice to the same tractor?

I don't care if you want to complain on here all day long, but I will be the first in almost every case to point out how it could have been worse. Just this morning dad got one of our dump trucks stuck, called me to come over to where he was dumping and pull him out, I get there and start to get the chain out and uh oh, some butt head stole the chain out of the truck. So we are to far away to go home and get one so we go buy a new one, get back to the stuck truck and the hook that goes in the bumper to pull it with had been taken out by another driver and lost. Not a big deal we just pulled it out by the axle but something we shouldn't have had to deal with. This is all just stuff that happens if you are in business.

skyhightree1":27vboos3 said:
Jogeephus":27vboos3 said:

wow did this happen twice to the same tractor?

No, different tractors. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, we don't discriminate. ;-)

denvermartinfarms":338vk0i8 said:
I don't care if you want to complain on here all day long, but I will be the first in almost every case to point out how it could have been worse. Just this morning dad got one of our dump trucks stuck, called me to come over to where he was dumping and pull him out, I get there and start to get the chain out and uh oh, some butt head stole the chain out of the truck. So we are to far away to go home and get one so we go buy a new one, get back to the stuck truck and the hook that goes in the bumper to pull it with had been taken out by another driver and lost. Not a big deal we just pulled it out by the axle but something we shouldn't have had to deal with. This is all just stuff that happens if you are in business.

What size chains do yall use to pull dumptrucks out with?

I agree that break down has to be from lack of maintain and a wee bit of operator error. You need "systems" to prevent that with employees.

The pin breaking was 100% from lack of grease and wear, but over the whole life of the pin from heat and friction. Not from lack of grease in the last week. I have only ever seen that particular pin break in 1 other machine in my life, most get replaced because of wear. The one machine I saw it break in had over 12000 hours and had not been well maintained. Running one after you know the pin is broke is not right. If anyone knows if a for sure "system" that prevents employees from ever doing dumb things I will send you a check today for the secret.

denvermartinfarms":acqs6liu said:
Good 5/16 chains are the very smallest we use for anything. And that's what we used today.

Same here or heavy duty tow straps or cable.

Kingfisher":acqs6liu said:
I agree that break down has to be from lack of maintain and a wee bit of operator error. You need "systems" to prevent that with employees.

The guy that uses that loader knew it but I havent been using that loader much the only time I used it was when I tested it out and loaded it on the trailer. I have a mechanic thats busy with my stuff used with my business and row crop operation he hasnt went over it bottom to top but the guy that used it should have replaced the grease fitting maybe it was too late anyway but what he did was put half of it in and tried to keep using it which caused the most damage.

denvermartinfarms":1upcix2a said:
If anyone knows if a for sure "system" that prevents employees from ever doing dumb things I will send you a check today for the secret.
Only way I know of is don;t have any employees.

Didn't have to shoot her after all. What do those lines run to? I can't tell exactly what part of the z bar linkage I'm looking at now.

The lines go to the 4n1 bucket. Yea, She lived tomorrow they will be using her the welding and fabrication was 225.00 bucks im very satisfied with it.

I figured it had to be a 4 in 1 but I couldn't remember if it had one. Sometimes those repairs aren't as bad as you expect.

denvermartinfarms":3s6e14tp said:
I figured it had to be a 4 in 1 but I couldn't remember if it had one. Sometimes those repairs aren't as bad as you expect.

You got that right... yea it has 4n1 lifesaver lol

Gateboy":3kkncgdc said:
Glad you got it fixed. $225 is a bargain in my opinion.

john

Thank you. Yea I was glad to pay that. I hurried up and paid that before he changed his mind lol

Latest posts