Wrong Number

Help Support CattleToday:

greatgerts

Reaction score
I know that most people have called a wrong number, or have let an unknown number go to voicemail...

Yesterday, my wife had 2 different calls from an older lady (wife let both calls go to voicemail because she did not recognize the number) and the lady left messages each time. She was trying to get ahold of a neice.

After the first call, I told her that she needed to call the lady and let her know that it was a wrong number, but didn't worry too much that she didn't.

The second call, which was about 4 hours later, was trying to get ahold of the same neice, but this time was lettting her know that someone in the family had passed away. Again, I asked my wife to call the lady back to let her know that she had dialed a wrong number, especially when it was now dealing with the loss of a loved one. Well, she never did.

If you had dialed a number wrong and left a message like that, would you like to be notified, or just let it be? If it were me, I would like to know so I can at least try and get in touch with the person.

Why does she have such an aversion to calling the lady back? It takes 1 minute to do

greatgerts":13igza2p said:
I know that most people have called a wrong number, or have let an unknown number go to voicemail...

Yesterday, my wife had 2 different calls from an older lady (wife let both calls go to voicemail because she did not recognize the number) and the lady left messages each time. She was trying to get ahold of a neice.

After the first call, I told her that she needed to call the lady and let her know that it was a wrong number, but didn't worry too much that she didn't.

The second call, which was about 4 hours later, was trying to get ahold of the same neice, but this time was lettting her know that someone in the family had passed away. Again, I asked my wife to call the lady back to let her know that she had dialed a wrong number, especially when it was now dealing with the loss of a loved one. Well, she never did.

If you had dialed a number wrong and left a message like that, would you like to be notified, or just let it be? If it were me, I would like to know so I can at least try and get in touch with the person.

In my house this would be a priority call back

Best to all

Bez

If somebody I don't know calls my cell phone but DOESN'T leave a message, I figure it was a wrong number or telemarketer and forget about it. But if they did leave a message, especially two messages, about something so important as a death in the family, I wouldn't waste any time calling them back and letting them know. It's just common courtesy.

With the opinions all being so similar, I think something momentous might happen. Mrs. GreatGerts might actually say the words......

YOU WERE RIGHT

:lol: :banana:

hooknline":kkb7ffpy said:
Why does she have such an aversion to calling the lady back? It takes 1 minute to do

I'm not sure why she didn't. In my eyes, I think it would be rude NOT to at least let her know. I listened to the voicemails, and after the first one, I said "You should call her and let her know it was a wrong number."
After the second, it was "You really need to call her back and let her know, especially since she had called to inform about someone's passing."

Of course, I don't want to cause a big argument over this, but not sure how to pursuade her to make the call.

heath":vf9req2r said:
Why don't you make the call?
I agree. I HATE calling people. I try to leave that to my wife as much as I can but if there's a call that needs to be made that isn't getting handled I step in and make it.
My wife is the same way... If I'm slipping up on something she will step in and handle it the way she thinks I would want it handled if I was doing it myself. We quit second-guessing each other a few ears ago and we're better off for it.

I'll add that, without knowing you or your home life, if something as simple as a return call to someone looking for a relative is grounds for a blowup, You may want to seek some counciling.
I don't mean to be rude or condescending but I dealt with that kind of stuff for a while and it really isn't how normal people are suposed to interact. Sorry if that makes you mad but I hope it helps.

about My least favorite thing in the whole world to do is talk on the phone but when it came to this i would have not seen much choice.

Latest posts