Writing a Paper on Slaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
*Cross Post from Horse Talk*
Hey y'all. I know know some of you have horses or have had horses in the past. I'm writing a research paper on horse slaughter for my English class and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few questions for me. You can PM your responses to me so that way no debates can start and your questions are confidential. I'm not using any names in my paper either so you don't have to worry about that. So can y'all please help a college student out???

Questions:

1. What is your age, gender, and how long have you been involved with the horse industry?

2. Do you currently own any horses?

3. If you had an unwanted horse, what do you consider your options to be in order to no longer have the horse in your possession?

4. Do you think horse slaughter should be an option for horse owners?

5. Would you personally use the horse slaughter option if available to you?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!!!

maybe if you posted on the horse boards, down under the Everything Else Boards, you would get more responses. There are some horse folks on here, but a whole lot more down there.

Hope your paper goes well! It is a good topic.

I do have it posted there but I've only gotten a couple responses. I figured I have a better chance of more people seeing it up here since everyone tends to frequent this one instead of that one.

blackbaldiecowgirl":39p0jjxw said:
Hey y'all. I know know some of you have horses or have had horses in the past. I'm writing a research paper on horse slaughter for my English class and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few questions for me. You can PM your responses to me so that way no debates can start and your questions are confidential. I'm not using any names in my paper either so you don't have to worry about that. So can y'all please help a college student out???

Questions:

1. What is your age, gender, and how long have you been involved with the horse industry?
46 - Not often enough - 36 years
Thank goodness - NO!
3. If you had an unwanted horse, what do you consider your options to be in order to no longer have the horse in your possession?
Give it to someone stupid enough to take it or shoot the be nice thing and feed the buzzards
Without a doubt. Ask any vet.
Yes! I had to pay someone $20.00 to get rid of the last one I had. :lol2:

You're welcome.

blackbaldiecowgirl":366egs5o said:

Questions:

Try Macons other more "out spoken" board Ranchers Net ..Any of the forums will be OK ,like bull session or even ranch talk..But being Easter weekend people are not really on the boards as much right now so your responses might be slow.