Wrenches

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
I have an idea, seems here in Ohio we lose 1/2 inch, 9/16, 3/4, 15/16, and 1 1/8 wrenches. We have plenty of 5/8 and 13/16, so I was thinking about a trade on these sizes. The only problem is if you fellers are losing the same sizes we are, what do you think? Iknow, I know somebody is gonna tell me they've never lost a tool, to you I say :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: .

Larry

With me it's 9/16s that disappear. I've gone to using a lot of Crscent wrenches, aka adjustable wrench, mexican speed wrench, etc.

novaman":3r4qmz8p said:
And with everything going metric these days we have to deal with losing the 10mm as well!

Yeah that's right, my metric tools are lacking to begin with, then to lose one leaves you headed to the auto parts store.

Larry

dun":ns99w52w said:
With me it's 9/16s that disappear. I've gone to using a lot of Crscent wrenches, aka adjustable wrench, mexican speed wrench, etc.

I would have to say that 9/16 is the number one loss for us too, 1/2 is close behind.

Larry

jkwilson":15bkd2ex said:
I can't buy enough 9/16 wrenches, and even though I don't use them very much, 13/16 are never easy to find.

We have plenty of 13/16, but a lot of times we don't put one in the tractors, but when you go back to the shop that's all you can find :lol2: .

Larry

What do you think the best fertility program for growing wrenches would be? I've already planted.
Does 9/16 take a different blend than 7/8, for instance? Does a craftsman require more than a chinese?

john250":1yk2j8j5 said:
What do you think the best fertility program for growing wrenches would be? I've already planted.
Does 9/16 take a different blend than 7/8, for instance? Does a craftsman require more than a chinese?

:lol2: I don't know John, we've planted craftsman, s-k, snap-on, mac, and a bunch of chinese and don't seem like any of it comes up. We do have some we've found that are nothing but rust, we throw em back in the box and keep using them.

Larry

john250":3967r6e8 said:

I think winters are too cold here in Indiana to grow wrenches.

dieselbeef":1yvyxccl said:
check yer sock drawer

My wife has a drawer that she puts anything that comes out of my pockets and it is a good source for tools and anything else that will fit in a fellers pocket.

Larry

jkwilson":28og20j6 said:
john250":28og20j6 said:

I think winters are too cold here in Indiana to grow wrenches.

I was thinking of testing for iron, but you're probably right.

I checked with my county agent; he said getting a good stand of wrenches was just like setting out your baby chicks in the spring. Doesn't matter so much if you set them out with head or feet up just make sure you get a complete soil test before planting. ;-)

larryshoat":1btl1s1b said:
dieselbeef":1btl1s1b said:
check yer sock drawer

My wife has a drawer that she puts anything that comes out of my pockets and it is a good source for tools and anything else that will fit in a fellers pocket.

Larry

Yea, two years ago I kept losing pocket knives ( it was winter and was using them to cut twine and net wrap off bales) I went to my gun cabinet and I had a whole drawer full of them. My wife just put them UP for me. :)

I dunno for sure how to get a good stand started, but I can definitely tell you how not to. Planting them in bales definitely doesn't work (DeWalt 18V cordless drill. Sold the bales to the neighbor and halfway through winter he brought it over asking if it was part of the deal. I know at least three ratchets with 1/2 sockets have been baled, but no luck on the SnapOn tree). Putting them through conditioning rolls before planting also doesn't work. And having the PTO hurl them into shop walls doesn't crack them enough to make seed....

Latest posts