Wouldn't this be Great

Help Support CattleToday:

Campground Cattle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
My Fellow Americans:

>As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been

>completed. Since

>congress does not want to spend any more money on this

>war, our mission

>in Iraq is complete.

>



>This morning I gave the order for a complete removal

>of all American

>forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within

>30 days. It is now

>to begin the reckoning.

>

>Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the

>names of countries

>which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict.

>This list is

>short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia,

>and Poland are

>some of the countries listed there.

>

>The other list contains everyone not on the first

>list. Most of the

>worlds nations are on that list. My press secretary

>will be distributing

>copies of both lists later this evening.

>

>Let me start by saying that effective immediately,

>foreign aid to those

>nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely.

>The money saved

>during the first year alone will pretty much pay for

>the costs of the

>Iraqi war.

>

>The American people are no longer going to pour money

>into third world

>Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat

>on corruption.

>

>Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic?

>Call France.

>

>In the future, together with Congress, I will work to

>redirect this

>money toward solving the vexing social problems we

>still have at home.

>On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw

>with us and we

>will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your

>friends from the face

>of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to

>terrorize? Try France, or

>maybe China.

>

>To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys.

>Work out a peace deal

>now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of

>you can go to

>Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces

>there. Big tables,

>too. I am ordering the immediate severing of

>diplomatic relations with

>France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help,

>comrades. We are

>retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

>I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin

>towing the many

>UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more

>than two unpaid

>parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be

>stripped, shredded

>and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty

>pertains to this. You

>creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay

>those tickets

>tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and

>limos be turned

>over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I

>love New York.

>

>A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2.

>Since we are

>likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you

>folks might want to

>try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on

>List 2. President

>Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an

>attitude

>adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and

>infantry divisions

>sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep,

>border security.

>So start doing something with your oil.

>Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the

>NAFTA treaty ---

>starting now.

>

>We are tired of the one-way highway.

>

>It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and

>its own citizens.

>Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them be

>saying, "darn

>tootin."

>

>Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent

>life around the

>world has only earned us the undying enmity of just

>about everyone on

>the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America.

>It is time to

>eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to

>eliminate World Cup

>Soccer from America.

>To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks

>guys. We owe you and

>we won't forget. To the nations on List 2, a final

>thought. Drop dead.



>God bless America.

>Thank you and good night.

>

>If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are

>reading it in

>English, thank a soldier.
 

MULDOON

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
0
Location
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
:cboy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cboy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cboy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cboy: :cboy: ;-)
 
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
MANITOBA CANADA
I am Canadian and there we a pile of Canadians who supported the War in Iraq, and thought we should send troops, but at the time we had a crooked mouthed Prime Minister that was thinking with his ass instead of his head.
 

Cattle Rack Rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
0
Location
Manitoba, Canada
A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2.

>Since we are

>likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you

>folks might want to

>try not be nice us off for a change.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the

>NAFTA treaty ---

>starting now.

>

>We are tired of the one-way highway.

>

>It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and

>its own citizens.

>Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them be

>saying, "darn

>tootin."

Really, Campground, I would have expected better of you. Many of us in western Canada are little more than political hostages. That's a big part of our problem. Our government won't help us out because we don't vote for them. They don't care whether the border gets opened or not because we're just a bunch of dumb farmers in the eyes of the easterners. As far as NAFTA goes, it is a big part of the reason that this BSE thing has put us in such a bind (but I've covered that several times before). I'm also not convinced that any country can live in its own little bubble outside the world economy. Anyway, I'm sorry you feel that way, but all the best to you anyway.
 

Oldtimer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
13
Location
Northeast Montana
For some areas of all three countries NAFTA may have done wonders- but for states like Montana, it has almost bankrupt us. Mainly because we have little industry and many of the same resources as western Canada- but because of the US's more strict enviromental, labor and safety regulations and Canadas deflated dollar we cannot compete. Since NAFTA we have lost our timber and mining industry, saw our producing oil and gas wells shut down and exploration halted (I had one section where the oil companies had kept a lease on it since the 1940's- with NAFTA passage they dropped it). What shopping and tourist industry we had coming from Canada ended as the value of their dollar fell- in fact many Montanans and tourists from neighboring states started travelling to Canada where the American dollar was worth $1.50.

Montana cattlemen who had put up for years with normal ranching problems- drought, flood, blizzards, enviromentalists, inflated land values, rising equipment, fuel, and fertilizer costs now saw another challenge. Unrestricted cattle and beef coming south from Canada to compete at the market- consumer demand and exports would rise, but live cattle prices stayed the same or fell. Sometimes these ranchers, as they were going broke, would watch 20-30 Trans X semis (Canadian beef shipper) go by and 10-20 bullhaulers go southbound in a day. The even more frustrating fact was knowing that the Canadian government was promoting the expansion of the Canadian herd at the expense of the US producer- but still would not allow Montana cattle (some running side by side with Canadian cattle) to freely go into Canada.

Everytime I think of NAFTA- I think of Bill Clinton and wish he would have spent more time playing with his dollies and less time pushing thru NAFTA.
 

Texan

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
Good information for those of us that are a long way off, Oldtimer. Thanks for sharing it.
 

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
Amen Oldtimer. NAFTA is one of the few issues where I strongly disagree with Rush. It's nothing more than cross-border socialism.

Craig-TX
 

Oldtimer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
13
Location
Northeast Montana
Texan & Craig -- I hear you have an interesting NAFTA development coming up down in your country- which could affect the whole country. That is the Supreme Court ruling that Mexican truckers have to be allowed to haul anywhere in the US. I was talking to an acquaintance down by Austin that said that 90% of these trucks and drivers can't meet safety and driving requirements- but that the state only has enough funding and inspectors to check about 5% of them.

His thinking is that these are going to be equivalent to putting loads of nitro on the highways!! Think I'll skip driving on the southern freeways for a while.
 

frenchie

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
0
Location
nw manitoba
Oldtimer":xfcgavfg said:
For some areas of all three countries NAFTA may have done wonders- but for states like Montana, it has almost bankrupt us. Mainly because we have little industry and many of the same resources as western Canada- but because of the US's more strict enviromental, labor and safety regulations and Canadas deflated dollar we cannot compete. Since NAFTA we have lost our timber and mining industry, saw our producing oil and gas wells shut down and exploration halted (I had one section where the oil companies had kept a lease on it since the 1940's- with NAFTA passage they dropped it). What shopping and tourist industry we had coming from Canada ended as the value of their dollar fell- in fact many Montanans and tourists from neighboring states started travelling to Canada where the American dollar was worth $1.50.

Montana cattlemen who had put up for years with normal ranching problems- drought, flood, blizzards, enviromentalists, inflated land values, rising equipment, fuel, and fertilizer costs now saw another challenge. Unrestricted cattle and beef coming south from Canada to compete at the market- consumer demand and exports would rise, but live cattle prices stayed the same or fell. Sometimes these ranchers, as they were going broke, would watch 20-30 Trans X semis (Canadian beef shipper) go by and 10-20 bullhaulers go southbound in a day. The even more frustrating fact was knowing that the Canadian government was promoting the expansion of the Canadian herd at the expense of the US producer- but still would not allow Montana cattle (some running side by side with Canadian cattle) to freely go into Canada.

Everytime I think of NAFTA- I think of Bill Clinton and wish he would have spent more time playing with his dollies and less time pushing thru NAFTA.

Oldtimer what do you think happened here in the early 90,s with the price of grain.
What do you think drove people to raise more stock.American and european subsidies.

Western canada right now is an economic graveyard.............All thats missing is the tombstones. :(

Question are American live cattle allowed into Canada currently.........Yes,

One point I would like to make.
Most of my vechiles and farm equipment are all American made, paid for with a dollar that is worth 30% less than yours. Not exactly a one way street when it comes to trade.


And lastly if you can find me Barley at 1.25 cdn a bushel.......Give me a name and #. :lol: :lol: :lol:

have a great day.
 

Oldtimer

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
13
Location
Northeast Montana
frenchie- I thought western Canada- Alberta, anyways - was getting rich off all the oil and gas leases- anyway thats what I was led to believe from what I read on Agriville- money to burn.

I'm not going to get into all the diferences in related costs- Yes you pay more for cars and machinery- but huge amounts less for health care, pharmeceuticals, chemicals and sprays, vet supplies- etc. Many of our locals were going north to purchase some of these items at reduced prices until the US corporations screamed and put a stop to it. I know of farmers that are felons now because they went to Canada to buy cheap weed spray and bring back--the FDA moved in and closed down pharmacies that were helping people order prescription drugs at about 1/4 the price from Canada--thats what I mean the playing fields aren't level-both ways.

Yes- the border is open now- but it wasn't for years- it really caused a lump in the craw of many. That may be the reason for the apathy that some down here have for your plight. I had to do some inspections Thursday and ended up talking with a couple of ranchers (both former NCBA members, that now belong to R-CALF)- one was trying to get me to invest in a couple of truck loads of roping cattle with him. I mentioned that I was not putting any money into cows with the border uncertainty- my luck ( born pessimist) is that something I bought for $600 would be worth $300 after the border opens.
His comment was- "I hope it never opens- they wouldn't open it for us- now that their money isn't worth anything and they can't buy anything anyway they open it". CCA and the Canadian govt. should have done a little more talking about 10 years ago.

As I told you before in a post on ranchers.net- this probably has become more of a political issue now than a health one(except for the live cattle issue).
 

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
Oldtimer":1c4uf87s said:
this probably has become more of a political issue now than a health one(except for the live cattle issue).

Agree 100%. IMO it was from the beginning due to the lack of support (i.e. grief) we got over the Iraq situation. The Canadian ranchers got caught in the crossfire.

Craig-TX
 

Latest posts

Top