Would You Use This Bull To AI

Help Support CattleToday:

Bred by my good friend Harlin Hecht in Minnesota.

He won the Pen of 3 Heifers competition at Denver this year with some good Rio Blanco daughters too.

We like folks like Harlin using our genetics.

At the expense of sounding self serving, Rio also had some calves on a study in Canada that reached 93% Choice. The Marc data he is involved in now is looking good too.

The program is run by the canadian charolais association it is called the conception to consumer program. In it bulls are entered, semen is suppiled and they are bred to cows representing the average commercial cow herd. Then data is collected starting with gestation length and ending in the packing plant. The grades are given according the CFIA grading system so no "choice" grade but all the data is given out on the carcasses. It is not as popular as it once was but it gives a true result for how the bulls work in real world. You can go to the candian charolais association web site and find the results from the program since inception. just a note of interest , when i was running PB char cattle some shows paid for their champion chars to enter the program you could really see what bulls were hype and which ones were workers. I have seen quite a few of these Rio Blanco sons - lots of top ,butt ,guts and testicles but there seems to be quite a bit of birth weight just an observation.