would you pay

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
$1,000 for a ferbie for your kid for Christmas? I was reading the story this morning and can't believe people would pay this kind of $$$ for a stuffed toy-seems crazy? On topic, what is the most $$ you have spent on one item for Christmas for a family member?

No to the first question. Seems like $500 or so for my wife once. Her B-Day is around Christmas though so I get around that amount on occassion. Got by with about $300 this year.

I don't understand the mentality of having to have something and willing to pay an exorbitant price for it. It happens every year at Christmas. Cabbage Patch dolls, Tickle Me Elmo to name a few.

The answer is No. It would be very hard to justify the cost.

I received my Christmas present early. Two loads of sand in the round pen. Now I get to spread it. Probably with a shovel
rolleye.gif

No, to the first question.

I bought the kids a gun or three over the years but I can't remember if they were Christmas presents or birthday presents. Anymore I wish the kids a Merry Christmas and spend about $50 each on the grandkids.

My theory is if I spend a lot at Christmas, they will think I'm just doing my job. They may not appreciate it as much. Now if you show up one pretty day in July with a new 4 wheeler for no good reason, your a hero.

I bought the boss lady a Rolex AND and cocktail ring a couple of years back. They gave me a heck of a deal on that ring if I took that Rolex. There weren't many nickels left in my pockets after that.

No to the stuffed thingie, and bought wife a car for Christmas one year and a new laptop last Christmas. (used car at that)

greybeard":3da3tp12 said:
No to the stuffed thingie, and bought wife a car for Christmas one year and a new laptop last Christmas. (used car at that)

Dang greybeard, I'm glad your wife don't know mine :lol: . I'd hate to have to hear about all that.

Larry

No, I wouldn't pay a $1000 for a stuffed anything. My daughter seems pretty good at getting money out of me. One Christmas she got a $700 camera, but that meant I got her old one. This year she is getting an I something or another, I don't know what it is but I think it cost about $500.

Larry

J&D Cattle":18s3ngg8 said:
No to the first question. Seems like $500 or so for my wife once. Her B-Day is around Christmas though so I get around that amount on occassion. Got by with about $300 this year.
Same here. NO stuffed animal.
Wife's present will probabaly be $500 plus this year. But that is unusual.
Biggest problem is getting her to say what she wants.
She is usually not high maintenance and she knows she can have anything she wants if we can afford it.
She is always more concerned with giving than receiving. :heart: