Would You Let This Man Marry Your Daughter??

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
MarrynSam004.jpg

MarrynSam002.jpg

What a day--Went out early to feed since I had a court hearing scheduled at 10AM-- Feed truck didn't want to run right- and took an extra 1/2 hour to get to idle right-- got cows fed and then noticed my little black horse running the fenceline - on the wrong side of the fence....Called my son on the way to town to see if he could come around and put her back in before she tried coming over the top and got cut up...

Got in to court- and the attorneys paperwork wasn't done-so no 10AM hearing- rescheduled til 11AM (attorneys :roll: )... Finally got everyone (prosecutor, defense attorney, friend of the respondent) together at 11AM and held the hearing--which had to be held in the padded lockup room at the hospital (mental health commitment).......
Then the truck wouldn't run again at idle-- started surging from 0 RPM's to 2000 RPMS- what a pain- as when I called the shop their computer they were waiting to get fixed last week- wasn't charged so I can't get the truck in til Monday... :roll:

Got home in time to check water tanks, clean up and head back into town for a wedding I was scheduled to perform this evening...Anyway the wife snapped a couple of shots of what she called "Marryin Sam" as I headed out the door....On the way to town I noticed the full moon and almost turned around and crawled into bed...But everything went fairly well- bride got a giggling fit, groom got weak kneed and I had to help hold him-- but they both said "I do" and got thru it ........Then I got to have a couple of toddy's while the dance took off :D

Well If I had a daughter and she was in Montana I guess it would be a toss up between you and John Moore.Z

Oldtimer":2ngbzldt said:
MikeC":2ngbzldt said:
That Marquart guy in jail up there might!

:?: :?: How do you know him-- he's bad news all the way around- but I won't get to set on his case :(

Too bad. He should fry.

vs_cattle":qjrfkb8a said:
Is That You Ot? Now I Know Why You Call Your Self Ot Also This Is Not A Dating Room

I think he meant would you let this man perform the marriage ceremony for your daughter. :roll:

Alice

john250":tkbggx02 said:
Oldtimer":tkbggx02 said:
groom got weak kneed and I had to help hold him-- :D

Hold him up? Or hold him from runnin'? :lol:

Looks like OT is big enough to do either one...or both...at the same time!

Alice

Thankfull that all the daughters are done with mariage for awhile...let the granddaughters daddys worry about that sort of thing now...
DMc

john250":38b6l6uv said:
Oldtimer":38b6l6uv said:
groom got weak kneed and I had to help hold him-- :D

Hold him up? Or hold him from runnin'? :lol:

:lol: :lol: I don't think that poor boy could have ran anywhere- those old knees of his got soft as spaghetti--and that sweet little girl wasn't going to let him take off...Anyway we got him thru "I do's"- and thats all that counts....

Grandma's been giving me such a bad time about how wooly I was getting--I was about to get a haircut and this winter beard trimmed 2 months ago when the barber fell and hurt his shoulder- now he's had to have surgery and may not be back to work for a couple more months...

I may have to break down and go to a beautician- just so my hat will fit... :eek:

Anyway Grandma had to take these pictures as a reminder of how scraggly I'm getting-- but with all the attention and hugging I got from the young sweeties at the wedding dance I may just have to let it grow...The grey must make me look harmless or something... :) :shock: ;-) :lol: :lol:

Might be a stupid question --But do you have to be a lawyer in the U.S. to be a judge.Here in canada seems to me people are getting off pretty easy because of judges --I know of a case where this guy has been charged 12 times for prohib. driveing--cops put him in jail hopeing ,he would get 6 months ,because he is beating on his wife,---(and there again they need so so so much evidence to hold him)-- anyway went to court -fined him and told him not to drive again and released him
Now I for one am appauled at an innocent person going to jail --But this is ridiculous
When I was a kid we bathed on sat. night --Mom first then the kids -(same water) one time I stepped out of the tub and back up into the cook stove -And since that day I have never had a burning desire to put my bare rear end on a red hot stove

carl

Carlos D.":1mszhagk said:
Might be a stupid question --But do you have to be a lawyer in the U.S. to be a judge.Here in canada seems to me people are getting off pretty easy because of judges --

Carlos-- Depends on the area and the court down here...In Montana all District Judges have to be lawyers--most City Court Judges and County Justices of the Peace are not...Either an appointed or elected position- with final approval coming from the State Supreme Court.....Its more of a peoples court, trying to keep the attorneys to the minimum- especially on the civil end.....

I kind of got talked into the job as a retirement job--As a Fill in for several different City and County Justice Courts when the judge is on vacation- ill or absent for whatever reason.....

And I know what you mean about lenient criminal Judges- but I guarantee you after 30 years in Law Enforcement that is not a term I have heard anyone call me- in fact the Law Enforcement folks around here have been wanting me to take a fulltime position- but don't have the time with my ranching endeavors...I try to be fair- but don't screw me over......Jails were built for a good reason....

Oldtimer":2xp7dslo said:
MarrynSam004.jpg

MarrynSam002.jpg

What a day--Went out early to feed since I had a court hearing scheduled at 10AM-- Feed truck didn't want to run right- and took an extra 1/2 hour to get to idle right-- got cows fed and then noticed my little black horse running the fenceline - on the wrong side of the fence....Called my son on the way to town to see if he could come around and put her back in before she tried coming over the top and got cut up...

Got in to court- and the attorneys paperwork wasn't done-so no 10AM hearing- rescheduled til 11AM (attorneys :roll: )... Finally got everyone (prosecutor, defense attorney, friend of the respondent) together at 11AM and held the hearing--which had to be held in the padded lockup room at the hospital (mental health commitment).......
Then the truck wouldn't run again at idle-- started surging from 0 RPM's to 2000 RPMS- what a pain- as when I called the shop their computer they were waiting to get fixed last week- wasn't charged so I can't get the truck in til Monday... :roll:

Got home in time to check water tanks, clean up and head back into town for a wedding I was scheduled to perform this evening...Anyway the wife snapped a couple of shots of what she called "Marryin Sam" as I headed out the door....On the way to town I noticed the full moon and almost turned around and crawled into bed...But everything went fairly well- bride got a giggling fit, groom got weak kneed and I had to help hold him-- but they both said "I do" and got thru it ........Then I got to have a couple of toddy's while the dance took off :D

Charlie Daniels!!!!!

you look like my ex husband, Oldtimer...I find myself torn between wanting to kiss the computer screen one minute and wanting to bash it with a baseball bat the next....

:lol:

Latest posts