Would You Have enough Insurance.

Help Support CattleToday:

Back to the insurance question a minute. My attorney is a good friend of mine, and has practiced law for about 35 years. he had an interesting take on the liability insurance deal.

He said that it is basically impossible to buy "enough" insurance. He said you should instead buy enough insurance that the insurance company would send its best attorneys to defend you on their dime.

If your insurance company is potentially on the hook for a million, you're going to get the best legal representation they have. His point was that, that free, highly specialized, top shelf legal representation was what you were really paying this premiums for. So in that way, the actual liability coverage isn't necessarily the most important thing.

TB521":29a07vm7 said:
dun":29a07vm7 said:
The term "bush hog" for a rotary cutter is similar to back in the 60s every copier was a "xerox machine" regardless of who it was made by
And every skid steer is a bobcat
And every trailer attaches to a ball in the bed of a truck is a "Gooseneck" even though there is a goosneck brand.

Cute Lawnmower GB...or is that a shredder or a belly mower??

I think I pay around $500 a year for liability policy for $1 million.It additionally adds cost to other policies as they expect your car insurance liability to be at $500,000. That is for my area anyway. It includes several rental properties which was the primary reason for getting it but also includes the farm.

TexasBred":1dpp1yte said:
Tell it to 95% of the owners who use the words interchangeably and notice too that the word I used was "Bush" hog not Brush Hog. I"m sure you're the exception !!!!! That being said a "shredder" manufactured by "Bush Hog" and others will also shred brush up to and inch or so in diameter. I've done it and had not "chokes". ;-)

My Servis manufactured brush hog will cut right thru 4 inch trunk brush. Routinely. Ralph Detert went through a unbelievably big soft wooded piece that was over 6 inch diameter. He pushed in the clutch and eased up. I thought the stump would spring back upright and shear the bolt. It did not. Stump measured 6 3/4 inches diameter. Try that with a shredder. I won't put any of my shredders in that kind of brush. No problem for the brush hog. It generally shears a bolt if you get into anything larger than 4 inch but obviously not always. There is obvious design differences between them. Sorry you can't understand the difference.

dun":szabgapu said:
The term "bush hog" for a rotary cutter is similar to back in the 60s every copier was a "xerox machine" regardless of who it was made by

If you want rod or main bearing that are 50 microns over, the parts guys refer to it as millimeter. Every darn one of them. If you explain to them that 50 millimeter is almost 2 inches, they get fighting mad. I give up.

backhoeboogie":38u4k81o said:
TexasBred":38u4k81o said:
Tell it to 95% of the owners who use the words interchangeably and notice too that the word I used was "Bush" hog not Brush Hog. I"m sure you're the exception !!!!! That being said a "shredder" manufactured by "Bush Hog" and others will also shred brush up to and inch or so in diameter. I've done it and had not "chokes". ;-)

My Servis manufactured brush hog will cut right thru 4 inch trunk brush. Routinely. Ralph Detert went through a unbelievably big soft wooded piece that was over 6 inch diameter. He pushed in the clutch and eased up. I thought the stump would spring back upright and shear the bolt. It did not. Stump measured 6 3/4 inches diameter. Try that with a shredder. I won't put any of my shredders in that kind of brush. No problem for the brush hog. It generally shears a bolt if you get into anything larger than 4 inch but obviously not always. There is obvious design differences between them. Sorry you can't understand the difference.
Oh I understand the difference. Apparently you simply don't understand that we were discussing how "Bush Hog" and "Shredder" were often used interchangeably just like the other products others used in their follow-up post. I'm glad you have a "brush hog" as you apparently need one. I don't. A shredder aka "Bush Hog" works well for me. If I buy a place with 6" trees I hire a dozer, pile and burn it. I don't need 6" mulch all over the place.

Off topic but pedernals electric cleared a strip on our place with a forestry unit about ten years back.
Amazing machine, just grinds a full size tree down to the ground. Leaving course mulch behind. I thought it was the cats azz. 10 years later that course cedar mulch is still there. Would have been much better pushing and burning.

I don't know if my machine is a bush hog or a shredder now. I think I'm just gonna call it ol rock chunker.

I would call this a rotocycle.https://www.google.com/search?q=flying+ ... mMxidJM%3A

fenceman":2pnj8vdn said:
Off topic but pedernals electric cleared a strip on our place with a forestry unit about ten years back.
Amazing machine, just grinds a full size tree down to the ground. Leaving course mulch behind. I thought it was the cats azz. 10 years later that course cedar mulch is still there. Would have been much better pushing and burning.

I don't know if my machine is a bush hog or a shredder now. I think I'm just gonna call it ol rock chunker.

I would call this a rotocycle.https://www.google.com/search?q=flying+ ... mMxidJM%3A
FM yours is probably about like mine. A genuine "POS". :mrgreen: