Would YOU come back?

Help Support CattleToday:

This may sound just a 'lil spoiled. But I probably wouldnt come back.
If I get this right, its for a show. Im guessing that each exhibitor has to pay a fee to show. I dont think that I would PAY money to do something that I hate doing at home, no matter what prizes there may be. UNLESS the show is like SUPER amazing, and better than anything else around.
I understand responsibility, I rock-pick at home all the time without prizes.

Maybe my standards are high....but when I go to any show (excluding county fair) I expect them to be ready for me. Shavings in the area if shavings are provided, the arena set up and cleaned, ext. At county fair we do have a the day before it starts as a "cleaning day" and I dont mind it. (its not like a look forward to it though)

I would run a rock picker and spilt the cost through resistrations.

-wow, that was kinda a long read....sorry for the novel.

cattleluvr18":27zxcnwr said:
umm...i would go back. whats the big deal about picking up rocks?....or are they more like boulders? and why should prizes have to be given out? i dont get a prize every time i do something and im just fine. its called responsiblity i think. if you want a good place to ride in, your gonna have to work for it.

and CHHSFFA, either im not in a joking mood, or that really wasnt funny.

JMO
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

hillsdown":2fwsanbl said:
Victoria":2fwsanbl said:
You got prizes!! :shock: We just all got the tiniest little thing of ice cream you've ever seen in your life. :roll:
;-)

I remember those they were little 125mls of vanilla ice cream served with a wooden stick.Even the thought of that stick and ice cream again gives me the heebie jeebies.I think the winners got movie passes for a matinee.I can't remember because I never won ;-) .

That was them! I can't even look at vanilla ice cream anymore. :lol:

Alan":1i4d3a7l said:
Rock picking sounds like a good idea.

Alan

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm thinking you've never rock-picked before. :lol: I have, and I sure wouldn't do it just to be able to ride in an arena - it simply isn't going to happen! ;-)

Officers meeting yesterday. Agreed to rent or borrow a rock picker to do the arena. Thank God!
I really don't know what they were all thinking. :roll:

CHHSFFA":nh2w0voo said:
Maybe we should look at this from the rocks perspective. Would you want to be snatched from your home where you have laid for millions of years only to find removing you from your home was part of a silly contest? Then to be thrown in a bucket and dumped into a ditch......is this really how we want to treat our rocks? :shock:
Now that's funny! Wish I'd thought of that! :D