would this embarriss you?

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I went to the store on "Buzzy",pulling a green wagon-I'm thinking of selling the truck,so trying to figgure out how hard it'd be getting around,and bring heavy stuff home(cat litter/water).. Anyhow,one of my friends made the commett she was glad I wasn't her mother,cause she'd be really embarrissed at my antics.. :???: I duno,seemed pretty normal to me.. Maybe it was the hat.... :cboy: btw,hung the wagon,broke the tongue..now I gotta fix it..got home with the help of duct tape....

my uncle use too embarass me as a kid by stoppin' on the highway and picking up anything that fell off or flew off a vehicle... now i find myself doing the same thing :p

I don't yodel! I whistle :nod: and Buzzy's a convertable :nod: I've always done what I'm going to do,to heck with what anyone thinks.. so this ain't gonna stop me.. as to the truck,I'm going to test out all my options before I do anything---I was going to have it inspected today,but I keep hitting the wrong keys on the computer,and went off and left a pot on the fire,so I don't want to take the chance I might forget where the brakes are or something like that.. :shock: It's noon,so I'm staying inside until tomorrow morning..Supposed to be 103f today :eek:

peg4x4":tyb05ike said:
I don't yodel! I whistle :nod: and Buzzy's a convertable :nod: I've always done what I'm going to do,to heck with what anyone thinks.. so this ain't gonna stop me.. as to the truck,I'm going to test out all my options before I do anything---I was going to have it inspected today,but I keep hitting the wrong keys on the computer,and went off and left a pot on the fire,so I don't want to take the chance I might forget where the brakes are or something like that.. :shock: It's noon,so I'm staying inside until tomorrow morning..Supposed to be 103f today :o
yall had a cool front come trough i see :cowboy:

Im all for a person being themselves,we worry too much about what other people think of us and thus miss out on so much of life.

Peg I live to embarass my kids. I told them that when I retire I'm gonna get me some of those jump suits with the zipper in front and have the wife cut them off into shorts and then get me some calf hi blk socks and wear them with garters and sandals. With a sign that has all their names on it as being my progeny.

That threat got them to actin pretty nice for a while. I fear tho that they might just take me fishin and not bring me back.

Peg that's not embarrassing. Besides who would care what her mother does or you for that matter.

You want to know what is truly embarrassing? Having your infant child cut a very loud fart in the middle of church during silent prayer and having everyone there look at you. :oops: :oops: :lol2:

Todays fashon statement was lilac shorts/lilac "Wifebeater" shirt,straw hat with pins and an applicay rose in front/blue moccasons..To say nothing of the orange Home Depot bags slung across the back :lol2: put all that with a green very noisy wagon and I suppose I was a sight!! OK,fine by me.. :wave:

peg4x4":xr8ogxil said:
Anyhow,one of my friends made the commett she was glad I wasn't her mother,cause she'd be really embarrissed at my antics.. :???: ...

I think I would have had to tell her that I was glad I wasn't her mother too cause then I would be embarrassed as well.

Jogeephus":1lvj697x said:
peg4x4":1lvj697x said:
Anyhow,one of my friends made the commett she was glad I wasn't her mother,cause she'd be really embarrissed at my antics.. :???: ...

I think I would have had to tell her that I was glad I wasn't her mother too cause then I would be embarrassed as well.
You know,that's the truth-she is an odd person and comes from a very odd family :lol2: I like her,but we don't visit

No Peg, that wouldn't embarrass me. What did embarrass me was my son at about age 2 or so in the middle of a big wedding saying very loudly, MOM I GOTTA POOP!

Jogeephus":2cw218z4 said:
peg4x4":2cw218z4 said:

No kidding Jo.

Peg, you get out there and enjoy life girl, that is what it is for. I am just glad to hear that you and buzzie are getting along so well and going out and about all the time..Good for you and very creative with the wagon, now you just need a stronger 'hitch" and you will be totally self sufficient again..

I had 21lb of cat litter,3 gallons of water at 8lb each and assoted other stuff so there was at least 50lb in a wagon I can lift with one hand!! I'm going to Tractor Supply to see what I can get for a replacement tongue.
I think the wagon will be a viable option . There's a seatbelt on "Buzzy"that I can use for a hitch.. All I need is some duct tape,bailing wire and a pair of needle nose pliers and I'm good to go! :lol:

Gave up on the repair idea,would have been ok before the chemo,but now I can't get slot A into tab B :frowns: However,I can get a debit card to work, :D so went to Tractor Supply and bought a smallish red wagon made of wire mesh/net/that diamond shaped stuff. Bit more than I wanted to pay,but it's not like I'm gonna buy one every week. It can carry 800lb,so I shouldn't overload it. And it matches Buzzy :lol2: So if you're ever in Bastrop and see a slightly crazed appearing "older" person zipping by on a decorated power chair,give me a wave :wave:

Jogeephus":2h17ggaa said:
peg4x4":2h17ggaa said:

Go for it. If we didn't live so far out of town I would be getting an oxcart.

As for being embarrassed - at a certain age we are all embarrassed by our parents even if all they do is breathe. It's a sign of maturity to go from embarrassment to either laughing about it or doing it yourself. But then I'm assuming we all mature.

Peg, I don't think you would be embarassing your kids, instead setting a good example for them. Life handed you some lemons and you made lemonade. Instead of sitting around the house feeling blue about what you can't do, you are out there discovering what you can do and finding some fun with it. A very good example indeed.

Latest posts