would some of you Northerners

Help Support CattleToday:

The cold builds character (but AC and Jed are already characters) so throw another log on the fire. It has been an awfully mild winter so far. Going to 20 F tomorrow night but that sure isn't cold, relatively.

I agree, biggest snow of the season so far right now. Not much by northern standards but we have the first 1" of the season. :cry2:
Keep this up and I might have to give the cows some hay. Still grazing very green grass and easter flowers are blooming.

Angus Cowman":32e1uo4z said:
PLEASE SHUT THE DOOR
your freezing us down here in the south sposed to get to 14 down here in the Delta tomorrow nite
I'll bet if you talk real nice to MM, she will make you a pair of mittens.

14!!!!It ain't been 14 here all winter. We may have to send a care package of insulated coveralls and space heaters if this keeps up.

Larry

The high was supposed to be 3F here today. I think it's supposed to be about -25F tonight.

Not going to cry about it. Can count the number of days the high has been below 0F on two hands.

it's not bad up here actually, it's hovering around freezing, my white truck is absolutely caked in mud from feeding the cattle, we had rain last night with a touch of slush in the morning, cows are shedding and rubbing on anything they can get an angle on. I used 1 or 2 pieces of firewood a day to keep my place warm. What's wrong with you guys?

perhaps for a change you are getting the winds from us here in Europe, we are in a big freeze at the moment not to bad in our neck of the woods of England, but we have snow on the ground not wanting to thraw, no new snow since Thursday. Temps: are just above 0F during the day and below at night, heating is on most of the day I hate being cold. Can't wait for the warm weather and the Gulf Stream to pick up and give us our warm balmy days and evenings.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/internatio ... _1_2093473

larryshoat":b05k6vx7 said:
14!!!!It ain't been 14 here all winter. We may have to send a care package of insulated coveralls and space heaters if this keeps up.

Larry
Heck Larry I haven't wore a jacket but once or twice this winter
they changed it a little it is 30 degrees right now at 4:30 and are only saying 18 for the low tonite

Angus Cowman":1dgpsr8g said:
larryshoat":1dgpsr8g said:

Larry
they changed it a little it is 30 degrees right now at 4:30 and are only saying 18 for the low tonite

He!! AC we got ice this morning and it is supposed to be in the low 20's tonight.
I am declaring the 40 deg rule I aint going outside until it get's above 40.

Caustic Burno":1ss6mc8d said:
Angus Cowman":1ss6mc8d said:
larryshoat":1ss6mc8d said:

Larry

He!! AC we got ice this morning and it is supposed to be in the low 20's tonight.
I am declaring the 40 deg rule I aint going outside until it get's above 40.
The way the cold moved in over night if I went by the 40 degree rule I wouldn;t go outside till the middle of next week. It's already 10 degrees here this morning. Bright sun and not a cloud in the sky, just dam COLD

What a bunch of whiners.

Night before last I was laying in a snowbank at 10pm pretending to be a dying rabbit and it was 5 degrees outside.

Of course that is probably why I am in the house today sick as a dog and snotting at the nose. Sometimes I am just not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Ya'll try to stay warm!

3waycross":3guuro9k said:
What a bunch of whiners.

Night before last I was laying in a snowbank at 10pm pretending to be a dying rabbit and it was 5 degrees outside.

Of course that is probably why I am in the house today sick as a dog and snotting at the nose. Sometimes I am just not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Ya'll try to stay warm!

Whining my butt this boy was built for 80 to 100 degs. I aint living anywhere you need white camo.
I love a good 50 deg morning to go hunting with it warming up to 75 by the afternoon.
Our normal winter consist of 35 degs to 40 and drizzle talk about cold when that north wind is blowing.
Friend of mine moved down from Sugar Creek Mo. said this was the coldest place he every lived said you never get dry.
He said you are wet with drizzle all winter and wet with sweat all summer.

3waycross":3nzvy2p1 said:
What a bunch of whiners.

Ya'll try to stay warm!

You got that right what a bunch of whiners!!! I can't ever remember such a nice winter,i think we have only been down in the minus 30's 6 days this winter.My cows are calving fairly heavy right now,and i'm just lovin this weather and so are the calves!!

George":230vpv69 said:
You got that right what a bunch of whiners!!! I can't ever remember such a nice winter,i think we have only been down in the minus 30's 6 days this winter.My cows are calving fairly heavy right now,and i'm just lovin this weather and so are the calves!!

That's good George. Hope you enjoy it. It's 40 degrees here with a hard wind and I've froze all day. Bring your a$$ down her about mid July and I'll let you tell me how good 110 feels especially with a good bit of humidity thrown in. ;-)

TexasBred":533c5ek3 said:
George":533c5ek3 said:

That's good George. Hope you enjoy it. It's 40 degrees here with a hard wind and I've froze all day. Bring your a$$ down her about mid July and I'll let you tell me how good 110 feels especially with a good bit of humidity thrown in. ;-)

Sorry but i can't do that,i HATE the heat!!! Anything much over 85 and i'm looking for air conditioning and turning it on high.I was down in texas in july one year,i couldn't get out of there quick enough.I don't know how you people can live in that heat?

Latest posts