Would not be a good feeling........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
220px-The_Falling_Man.jpg

Bigfoot":1ff7aqtb said:
Isn't that picture from 9/11?
Yep, just thinking bout it again and were I was at. Seeing that the first time was not a good feeling.

I remember that photo sparked a lot of controversy. Some thought it shouldn't be showed, and others felt the picture was very fitting. I was always undecided.

I don't think it should be on the front page in the name of good taste,.. But nevertheless, it did happen, and censorship wouldn't be right either.
My issue with it is that's someone's father/son/husband, etc, and I think they should be the ones to decide if they want it shown.. They're the ones that are going to have to deal with the emotions whenever they see that picture.

Yes, it might be hard on the survivors to see the picture, but on the other hand, it is something that needs to be shown.
I'm reminded, of what Jackie Kennedy said when she was being photographed standing next to LBJ as he took the oath of office just hours after JFK had died. When members of the white house staff and Lady Bird Johnson suggested she change out of the blood stained dress, she replied "I want them to see what they have done to Jack" --with emphasis on 'see'.

So it is with this picture. Just knowing the asshats blew up the towers isn't enough--we need to know and always remember the full horror of that day and the events.
:2cents:

Bah, what the heck am I talking about good taste.. After all the corpes, cadavers, vampires and zombies from hollywood... chances are no one gives a darn.

Latest posts