Worst Tractor ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well,I think the late 4020's are great for hay work and planting,just comfortable and a pleasure to run.Tillage work I would rather have most anything else.

Worst tractor we had was a ford 3400,we had a ford 5000 thats was pretty good,my dad traded them for a 3930 mfwd w/a loader.The 3930 was ok,but not near the tractor the old 5000 was.

brandonm_13":21yik5b3 said:
Hey John, everyone I know loves their Perkins engine. Was their more than one during/after that time?

Perkins has built some engines to brag about, and I own 3 other old MF's. This motor has run many hours, but it has always smoked--even by the standards of the 60's.

DiamondSCattleCo":3r96x1r2 said:
larryshoat":3r96x1r2 said:
Hey Rod, if that 4020 you got is a good one I'll send you a 930 Case on an even trade.

:lol: :lol: Thats ok. Eventually my father will retire, then I'll find some sucker to pay me 10 grand for it and I'll buy 5 930s :lol: :lol:

Rod

:lol2: I reckon you got me there :lol2: . I don't know what I'll do if my dad ever retires, I think I'll be screwed. I guess we're lucky to still have em.

Larry

Subsoil":2o674hq7 said:
I'll vote for the Belarus Tractors that were brought over in the mid 90's. Shift pattern was an H but on it side. Only redeeming feature I could see was down pressure on the three point. Great for running a post hole digger and that's about it.

I will second that on the belarus being the worst. I hade one and hated it. In addition to having down force on the three point mine would turn the pto clockwise or counter clockwise which was great for getting the post hole digger out from around roots.
I bushogged about 20 acres and couldnt figure out why it kept running hot before i figured out the pto thing . Sad part is the cheap bushog that I got with the tractor cut just about as good either direction.

This doesn't have anything to do with my worst tractor, but the 10 series was my first. :p
First_Big_Tractor.jpg

1982vett":qvq4qxex said:
This doesn't have anything to do with my worst tractor, but the 10 series was my first. :p
First_Big_Tractor.jpg

That's the only JD I've ever seen that didn't leak hydraulic oil!

I vote my current one. A Fiat 82-94.
It's nice having a cab though.

The 1979 Ford 6600 I traded for it is more missed the worse the Fiat behaves.

lavacarancher":1lvchnic said:
I thought the Ford 3000 diesel was a three cylinder Perkins. Darn fine motor in my books. I've got a 3000 SOS and it has been running just fine for the last 30 years. I need to go through the SOS again but I think the only control units I'll have to go through is 5th and 6th. Now the hydraulics could stand a little improvement but that's a different story. :D
Not the grey market variety. Don;t recall what kind it was but it was a US engine.

cfpinz":2hyd2yf6 said:
1982vett":2hyd2yf6 said:
First_Big_Tractor.jpg

That's the only JD I've ever seen that didn't leak hydraulic oil!

Yeah, that's right and look at the fuel economy :lol2: .

Larry

john250":udnxr212 said:
brandonm_13":udnxr212 said:
Hey John, everyone I know loves their Perkins engine. Was their more than one during/after that time?

Perkins has built some engines to brag about, and I own 3 other old MF's. This motor has run many hours, but it has always smoked--even by the standards of the 60's.

Hard to beat a Massey I am still running a 1977 model had to have the injectors rebuilt a couple years ago.
You would think the warranty would cover them after 30 years. I am still using it in the hay field.
There are several tractors here it is still the first one I head for I guess old grass farmers and tractors go together.

Ford commander 6000 selecto-speed. JUNK
After mom and dad got divorced I got the 6000. I sold it the next year and bought my grandads old 5000 ford. I got it back 20 years later and still had to fix the 3 point lift arm that I had broke when I was a kid feeding cows. Ironic isn't :)

John Deere 2020. You could count on something going wrong if you were REALLY needing to use it. Once had to hook a tractor to it and pull it back to run an auger. Nope, not a mechanical problem, just a little patch of mud.

Latest posts