Worst Tractor you ever owned

Help Support CattleToday:

There is not an American made tractor anymore under a 100 hp.
New holland owned by fiat built in various plant's around the world.
Massey was being made in South America and Europe.
Deere has some made in France and China.
The list goes on and on you drive to the Port of Houston in La Porte is acres upon acres of tractor's of any color you can think of in crates.

Worst I ever owned was a Ford 4600 couldn't keep brakes on it.

tom4018":2fpi5h2t said:
Bigfoot":2fpi5h2t said:
If the whole country pulled together, and only bought " American Made", I wonder how long it would take to turn the thing around?
I wish we could do that, but so much stuff is made elsewhere it is hard to do that on everything. I look at things and try to all I can.
Like the innards of your computer or telephone, radio, TV, etc.

Dun, where was your 5093 made? I am trying to figure out witch models of deere's are not made in the us, when I was looking at a 5075 it was made in India, but I didn't know about the next bigger sizes.

denvermartinfarms":1dmi87j9 said:
Dun, where was your 5093 made? I am trying to figure out witch models of deere's are not made in the us, when I was looking at a 5075 it was made in India, but I didn't know about the next bigger sizes.

Denver you can go to tractordata.com and look up about any tractor specs you want. Its a really good website to get info on a tractor. The 5083 and larger are built in Augusta, Georgia. The smaller newer JD tractors are made in India now. Keep in mind all they have to do is assemble it here to call it made in USA. Most of the parts can come from somewhere else and I'm not knocking JDs because all the tractor manufactures are doing the same thing. Same thing with your truck. They are not many things built here anymore.

B&M Farms":1bfh5c9e said:
denvermartinfarms":1bfh5c9e said:

Denver you can go to tractordata.com and look up about any tractor specs you want. Its a really good website to get info on a tractor. The 5083 and larger are built in Augusta, Georgia. The smaller newer JD tractors are made in India now. Keep in mind all they have to do is assemble it here to call it made in USA. Most of the parts can come from somewhere else and I'm not knocking JDs because all the tractor manufactures are doing the same thing. Same thing with your truck. They are not many things built here anymore.
Thanks, I use tractor data some just hadn't thought of it for this.

denvermartinfarms":s9vz1fhk said:
Don;t know. If I remember I'll check in the daylight

sim.-ang.king":1h4ic42f said:
The Japs don't care about if they are made in Georgia, or in Japan. They only make them here because 1. People will buy them just because they have USA made stamped on them, and 2. they don't have to pay to import them. Do the same thing with those yota cars.

I'm old school. Don't particularly like it, but have come to the understanding I live in a gobal market. Finding a new tractor the size I use made here is not likely to happen. I drive a Ford truck. When working on the road drove a '98 model Ford Crown. While I was supporting an American company, sure hurt my feelings to find it was made in Mexico.

fitz

well i couldnt even get 10 ac mowed sun w/o that pos breaking dwon 4 times. broke the turnbuckle on the drawbar..bushhog hit the tires/blew the hyd cyl for the bucket..wasnt even using it..i was mowing/blew the seal on the valve for the loader/tailight lens vibrated fell off the back of the pile of crap and ran it over....i spent more time running to the barn to fix it than i did mowing...and i just spent 1000 bucks on tires...at least i didnt have a flat

Latest posts