Worst experience eating out FIRST CLASS OR FAST FOOD

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What's your worst experience, in the past when you ate fast food or at a high end place?

Will never eat at BK again.
First bad experience was a few years ago. Hubby ended up with food poisoning.
Just this Sunday he and our kids went to eat at one. Hamburger was raw in the middle, floors were dirty, ketchup spilled everywhere at the counter, pop spilled on the floor, towels that looked like they had blood on them piled up in the food prep area and a disgusting kitchen. Just glad nobody has shown signs of food poisoning.

A resturant in town we avoid. We refused to sit at a dirty table with a 2yo child. We sat in the back overflow room and after waiting for 20 minutes decided to leave, told the woman who was there that we would go eat somewhere else, but we would be back at a later date and she started a screaming match with my husband. Told us to get the h*ll out or we would be arrested for tresspassing. Talked to the owner a couple days later asking for just an apology and was told he didn't need our money nor any money from any ranchers or farmers. Almost went out of business with that remark. Only the townies eat there. I never see any country folks there.

I didn't eat there but i heard that at the local McDonalds one of the employees took a piss in one of the pickel jars. It doesn't suprise me after i saw some of their employees. I don't mean to stereotype its jsut that i don't want anyone near my food that looks like they smoke pot. New a person that worked there for a while and said most ofthe employees were pot heads so thats when i stopped eating there. Went back the other day to see what it was liek and it was cleaned up sharp nice looking kids there with a nice manager.

My son loves Arby's but I have had the most frustration there, and at several locations, not just the local franchise. They take forever in the drive through. On more than one occasion I have gotten the wrong order. I went in there once and no one was working cause this employee was having a crying jag and everyone was standing around looking at her. Hello! Customers! The one in Cleburne is staffed by idiots and the one in Burleson is staffed by rude people. I don't go there anymore. I love it when you walk in some place that's real busy and there are always two or three people standing behind the counter doing nothing while the other five or six are scrambling around.

What gets me at the chain burger joints is that the cashier usually has an IQ approaching 10. Cashier will typically take your order then turn around and stare off into space waiting on the burger to come up in the tray rather than taking the next order. I look at the line of people then look over at the one bag of fries which are cooked and the empty fry tray and wonder why in the heck doesn't someone drop another tray of fries. When I view folks like this it just tees me off. I wonder how on earth are they going to make it thru life. Later I wonder how in the world can someone screw up a hamburger but all things are possible.

Jogeephus":2m77e1yk said:
What gets me at the chain burger joints is that the cashier usually has an IQ approaching 10. Cashier will typically take your order then turn around and stare off into space waiting on the burger to come up in the tray rather than taking the next order. I look at the line of people then look over at the one bag of fries which are cooked and the empty fry tray and wonder why in the heck doesn't someone drop another tray of fries. When I view folks like this it just tees me off. I wonder how on earth are they going to make it thru life. Later I wonder how in the world can someone screw up a hamburger but all things are possible.

Two things to think about. By definition, half of the people in the world are below average in intelligence. The lower half of those work at the burger joints. But, at least they're working!

We don't eat much fast food, but Godfather Pizza and Braums have special places in my heart. :mad: They opened a Godfather's in town and we liked their pizza better than any other. They'd take our order, but it seemed to take forever before the pizza arrived. One evening after work we headed to south Texas for a wedding. We stopped in Denton at a Godfathers for dinner. It took us almost two hours to get a pizza! That was two hours we lost on the road. First we waited to place our order, then they sent it out on a delivery run, then we asked when we'd get it and they had to do it again. Grr.

It doesn't seem to matter if it's the local Braums or one in several other towns, they just seem disorganized and slow. I do like their ice cream, though. :D

My favorite fast food joint is Arbys. I'm not much of a hamburger eater, but Carls' Jr's/Hardees' "$6" burgers are popular with others in the family.

When I worked retail our back hallway exited to the hallway of most of the mall fast food restaurants. Once you've seen inside you know where to eat. There was a Japanese place that had more than one infestation of bugs. The Aarbys place was scary too because of their big vat of cheese. The people would mix up new stuff but never clean it out, the cheese crust on that giant bucket was just disgusting and off-coloured. The look and smell of the grease from the containers KFC would carry by wasn't great either.
My friend had the worst experience I have ever heard though. He and his date were at a little Chinese food place in China Town in Calgary. There was a big brown thing on his rice and he grabbed it with his chopsticks, his date told him that she wouldn't eat that and he said it was just some kind of nut or something. He put it in his mouth and felt it move. Spat it back out. The lady working in the place came and grabbed the plate and ran to the kitchen. They just left.

i went to K-BOBS years ago an ordered a steak.now we all know steaks cost $12 to $15.well we waited an waited took them 30mins to bring my steak out.well the steak was ice cold an baked tater was steaming hot.so i told waitress the steak was cold.an while she was trying to decide what todo.i was smart an cut an ate a peice of my steak.well she took it back threw steak in microwave warmed it up.threw out my fixed baked tater fixed a new tater an brought me back the same cold peice of meat.i almost walked out without eating.but i ate paid.an i havent been back since.the owners finally soldout an quit.

dun":20p5vrfl said:
Jogeephus":20p5vrfl said:

Two things to think about. By definition, half of the people in the world are below average in intelligence. The lower half of those work at the burger joints. But, at least they're working!

A better word would be employed.

I got a strong stomach and I like that chinese hot mustard. Went to a china place and had a little trouble getting the mustard to squirt out of the bottle. I took the lid off of it and took a toothpick and pushed the obstruction out. Turns out it was a roach! I almost gagged. Never been back.

Lammie":1du9zzjk said:
My son loves Arby's but I have had the most frustration there, and at several locations, not just the local franchise. They take forever in the drive through. On more than one occasion I have gotten the wrong order.
good to know its not just our local franchise. every time i go i never get what i ordered. its good and hot and all but i always get a surprise order. the boyfriend loves arby's so we go there quite frequently. he doesnt seem to notice :roll:

the absolute worse experience ever for me was in a local restraunt. the owner was changing her babys diaper on a table and got crap on the table (yes an actual table paying costomers eat at). i can handle some pretty nasty stuff without feeling sick, but that one made me stop eating real quick. the thing that worried me is that it was the owner...

Jogeephus":29owrv2s said:
I got a strong stomach and I like that chinese hot mustard. Went to a china place and had a little trouble getting the mustard to squirt out of the bottle. I took the lid off of it and took a toothpick and pushed the obstruction out. Turns out it was a roach! I almost gagged. Never been back.

Pickled in the hot mustard it should have just been spicey protein. Doesn;t even a roach have the right to eat a little mustard?

Have yet to ever eat at McDonalds are Burger King. Scares me to think what happens in the kitchen of any of these "fast' food places. Course the nicest restaurant in town might scare you too if you walked into the kitchen.

TexasBred":3hz3lu0q said:
Have yet to ever eat at McDonalds are Burger King. Scares me to think what happens in the kitchen of any of these "fast' food places. Course the nicest restaurant in town might scare you too if you walked into the kitchen.

As long as you are not ill, what they don't see the heart don't grieve, so why think about it just go out and enjoy.
While on a trip to India, a friend ordered a curry and rice at one of these little road side stops, as she was eating she bit into something hard, when she spat it out to investigate, it was a back tooth, and not one of hers. need I say more.

chrisy":244cbyff said:
TexasBred":244cbyff said:

As long as you are not ill, what they don't see the heart don't grieve, so why think about it just go out and enjoy.
While on a trip to India, a friend ordered a curry and rice at one of these little road side stops, as she was eating she bit into something hard, when she spat it out to investigate, it was a back tooth, and not one of hers. need I say more.

That comment was good for the diet. I am no longer hungry.

When I worked at the training center, some staff were eating lunch and a client walked up to us there at the table, reached into his mouth and quietly handed us a tooth he had just pulled with his fingers. It pretty much ground lunch to a halt.

Latest posts