Worse than Death

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Sunday, the 5th is the last time I saw them. The black Lab (mine) and the black cock-a-poo (hers, a woman I know well enough that I drove her to the airport (she went to visit her daughter) and I said "darlin', I'll keep your dog. Why pay a kennel?"
Things went well for several days, but Sunday the dogs vanished. I've got all the neighbors on high alert, but it is Wednesday now and I'm fearing the worst. At least I haven't found them dead on the road and I've been looking.
Today she returns. Worse than death is the statement, "you remember that dog of yours? ".......

I've been there! Geesh. I hope you got a harder conscience than I do. Two full blooded, non related Boykin Spaniels delivered to the doorstep was my guilt offering. And BTW - at the time these dogs were extremely expensive but I felt better. (my situation was a little different in that I accidently killed the dog myself)

How awful. I feel for you. :frowns: Our local paper will place lost and found classified ads for no cost. Might be worth the phone call to find out.

Precious, the three legged wiener dog, met her demise while my sons were on vacation with their father. I had to break the news to them when they got home and that dog was a member of the family. Seemed like for a while every time the boys went away one of their pets would die. Hermit crabs are pretty easy to replace. Three legged wiener dogs, not so much.

I guess it is a good thing you have an spare dog house.

john250":1rngi6fz said:
Sunday, the 5th is the last time I saw them. The black Lab (mine) and the black cock-a-poo (hers, a woman I know well enough that I drove her to the airport (she went to visit her daughter) and I said "darlin', I'll keep your dog. Why pay a kennel?"
Things went well for several days, but Sunday the dogs vanished. I've got all the neighbors on high alert, but it is Wednesday now and I'm fearing the worst. At least I haven't found them dead on the road and I've been looking.
Today she returns. Worse than death is the statement, "you remember that dog of yours? ".......

Is it warm there? It won't be for long, when the lady returns, you will be feeling a very cold breeze.

GMN

You should've sent her an e-mail yesterday telling her that your dog and hers had skipped, but you were searching for them. Cushioned the news that way.

I hope the dogs show up. Were they fixed? If not maybe they are jsut catting around and will show up.

Speaking of cats, I got a bunch of kittens in the back yard. Don't reckon she would ..... nah .... guess not. Good luck.

That is bad John. I was on the other end of a deal like that. One night when we were feeding, this German Shepherd came in from the woods. Well right away my daughter started playing with it wanting to know if she could keep it. It became a permanent fixture around the place. About two weeks later a friend of mine said he saw a poster at the post office that sounded like the dog, I told him to call them. They pulled up in a van and that was the happiest dog and the happiest people I have ever seen. I wish you could have a similar story, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Larry

I was just wondering if you had internet in the dog house.

I bet you won't be babysitting anymore little "kick me" dogs for a while...

My dogs, wimpy as they are, think that kittens are dog chow.

Lammie":1r2uachc said:

Mine did too until he met the mamma cat's claws of fury. He keeps his distance now. :lol2:

Jogeephus":32ez7n2f said:
Lammie":32ez7n2f said:

Mine did too until he met the mamma cat's claws of fury. He keeps his distance now. :lol2:
OUCH! bet that hurt nothing like a mumma protecting her babies.

John that is the best NEWS I've heard all day. any idea where they were?

chrisy":fg43tvn7 said:
Jogeephus":fg43tvn7 said:
Lammie":fg43tvn7 said:

OUCH! bet that hurt nothing like a mumma protecting her babies.

John that is the best NEWS I've heard all day. any idea where they were?

The lab was about a mile away. Good folks put an ad in the local paper. Heck, he was in their house when I got there.
The little dog had a tag with the vet's number, and got somehow taken to the vet's office. I was glad to pay a couple days board.