Worms and turnips

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I love raw turnips sliced with some salt, so I grow a few every year in my garden. Every year when I pick one or all I have a worm invasion. Is there any trick to keep worms or grubs ...... Whatever out of of the turnips?

Thanks,
Alan

skyhightree1":3s30qekv said:
Have you tried spraying liquid 7 on them frequently that is what I do.

Thanks sky, I'm just tired of cutting out 30 to 50% of the turnip to get good stuff to eat. Every year, but they don't touch radishes. :?

i got a million turnip seeds to plant my only issue I have ever had was growing turnips in the summer they get woody in the middle and are unedible. I spray all my stuff with liquid 7 this year and it cut down on alot of issues i had in the past. I sprayed corn silk and it cut down on corn works too. lol I cant say as I blame the worms I dont like radishes either lol

What!!! You haven't lived until you have had a radish sandwhich! Simple to make , butter a piece of bread, spread sliced radishes on half, salt to taste, fold other half over and enjoy! Mom was from Mississippi and she gave them to me as a kid ...... Still love them.

Alan":2gk0mqgw said:
What!!! You haven't lived until you have had a radish sandwhich! Simple to make , butter a piece of bread, spread sliced radishes on half, salt to taste, fold other half over and enjoy! Mom was from Mississippi and she gave them to me as a kid ...... Still love them.

:shock: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I will stick to turnips boiled with fat meat and sugar lol

skyhightree1":13ig63dp said:
Alan":13ig63dp said:

:shock: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I will stick to turnips boiled with fat meat and sugar lol

OH MAN! You just ruined a good turnip..... :D

Alan":16b8xgzg said:

Most of our sandwiches were some kind of garden crop. When I was a kid, onion and tomato sandwich was my favorite. Didn't know what "lunch" meat was. Bologna was a rare treat

Alan":2curtyal said:
Thinly slice radish, sprinkle with a little salt....take a sip of ice cold beer, swallow and then pop a sliver of radish in your mouth....repeat :D

1982vett":27r7ujf0 said:
skyhightree1":27r7ujf0 said:
Alan":27r7ujf0 said:

OH MAN! You just ruined a good turnip..... :D

:eek: come on now you gotta try it

skyhightree1":15daoa91 said:
Oh believe me....I've HAD to eat cooked turnip and turnip greens......don't have to anymore. :D Lets just say, send some of your radishes and you can have all my cooked turnips....but do leave me a few raw ones. :nod:

1982vett":d3d7rpq3 said:
skyhightree1":d3d7rpq3 said:
Oh believe me....I've HAD to eat cooked turnip and turnip greens......don't have to anymore. :D Lets just say, send some of your radishes and you can have all my cooked turnips....but do leave me a few raw ones. :nod:

Deal lol I want some fresh turnips now thanks for conjuring my taste buds up for some.

Latest posts