Worming show calves

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Wondering what the best way and how often everyone worms their show calves. So far we have been using the safeguard pellets in feed, and if the have to go to vet I have him hit them with his liquid wormer. But usually pellets. Any better choices I should be using?

cowboy13
Pour-ons are okay, but they can cause a sore spot. The best thing to do, this is what I've been told. Hit them once a month with Valbazen (just about the best internal wormer on the market) and Ivomec pour-on every 6 months.

Is Valbazen in pellet form or is it some sort of paste?

cowboy13":1jffya3w said:
Pour-ons are okay, but they can cause a sore spot. The best thing to do, this is what I've been told. Hit them once a month with Valbazen (just about the best internal wormer on the market) and Ivomec pour-on every 6 months.
Ivomec plus is oil based instead of alchol based and won't slip the hair. Ivomec injectable is also a good wormer. Drenches won't control external parasites . Ivomec won't kill tapeworms. Worm according to your needs.

cowboy13":2ktx8a0u said:

We do this but we sometimes use the paste but that makes a mess.

Latest posts