Wormer block

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess they figure if corn can double in price why can't we.
The only way farmers ever figure in the discussions on anything is that they think that farmers have to have their products and will pay it regardless. Problem is when cost of production consistently outgrows the farmers income then there are fewer farmers left. Seems like everybody has been bleeding the few farmers dry that are left. At some point those suppliers are going to have to change what they are producing cause farmers, especially cattle farmers are going the way of the dinosaurs.

The only way farmers ever figure in the discussions on anything is that they think that farmers have to have their products and will pay it regardless. Problem is when cost of production consistently outgrows the farmers income then there are fewer farmers left. Seems like everybody has been bleeding the few farmers dry that are left. At some point those suppliers are going to have to change what they are producing cause farmers, especially cattle farmers are going the way of the dinosaurs.
My cattle are my best tax write-off .. making income off of them... No way

Exactly.
Way back when a family could buy a farm live off of and and pay for it.
Now if the farm is given to you a family would be hard pressed to make ends meet.
My grandparents were full time farmers ,they didn't have much money but they could live off of it and pay for it raising a family.
They raised cotton,corn had pigs,chickens and turkeys for eggs and meat and a couple of milk cows
They didn't have health insurance but they told me the most they had to pay the Dr for delivering their children was $25.
If they didn't need it they didn't buy it.
I learned a lot from them.

I've seen these cycles in O&G. Eventually these people who supply cattle producers are going to have to realize if we arent in business... neither are they. The producers need to, also.
They know what they're doing. Most people who buy those blocks are hobbyists and the price doesn't matter. It's the same thought process that allows sports stadiums to sell beer for $10 a cup. They could sell a lot more beer if it were reasonably priced, but it's a lot more profitable to sell less beer to a handful of suckers.

They know what they're doing. Most people who buy those blocks are hobbyists and the price doesn't matter. It's the same thought process that allows sports stadiums to sell beer for $10 a cup. They could sell a lot more beer if it were reasonably priced, but it's a lot more profitable to sell less beer to a handful of suckers.

or $7 for a hot dog. Of course, a ticket for the cheap seats to watch a MLB game is over $30 too. I've never been to an NFL game (did see the Oilers play in Jeppenson Stadium before the AFL/NFL merger. Football I can do without, but baseball I dearly love.)

Latest posts