World without cash!

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone live in a world that won't accept cash as a payment?
I'm somewhere in New York tonight on my way home from Maine. Drove way, way too many hours this trip.
Stopped at a motel and first thing they wouldn't accept the company credit card because it didn't match my driver's license. That happens sometimes so I offered to pay cash. They wouldn't accept cash without a copy of a credit card. Oh, so I said use my card and I will get reimbursed Friday. Keep in mind my card has $10,000 on it.
I had drove way too many hours, 36, so I went straight to bed. Half hour later the lady was knocking on my door saying my card had been rejected. Again I said I will pay cash. She said not without a credit card. It's 20 degree outside but I told her I would get my things from the room and sleep in the truck but I couldn't drive any further. She then decided she could run the company credit card. It has a higher limit than my personal one but she said it was denied. One last time I said I can pay cash or sleep in the truck.
I then called the owner of the trailer company I deliver for and he gave them his credit card number to hold until morning when they say they can accept cash.
Is it becoming a world where fake coins (bitcoin etc) are worth something but cash isn't,?

I spend cash... I'll will do a deposit if they won't. I drive on. That's is one of the problems with the world. To many people don't see a problem with places not accepting cash. In time the world will run on numbers and plastic.

Anyone live in a world that won't accept cash as a payment?
I'm somewhere in New York tonight on my way home from Maine. Drove way, way too many hours this trip.
Stopped at a motel and first thing they wouldn't accept the company credit card because it didn't match my driver's license. That happens sometimes so I offered to pay cash. They wouldn't accept cash without a copy of a credit card. Oh, so I said use my card and I will get reimbursed Friday. Keep in mind my card has $10,000 on it.
I had drove way too many hours, 36, so I went straight to bed. Half hour later the lady was knocking on my door saying my card had been rejected. Again I said I will pay cash. She said not without a credit card. It's 20 degree outside but I told her I would get my things from the room and sleep in the truck but I couldn't drive any further. She then decided she could run the company credit card. It has a higher limit than my personal one but she said it was denied. One last time I said I can pay cash or sleep in the truck.
I then called the owner of the trailer company I deliver for and he gave them his credit card number to hold until morning when they say they can accept cash.
Is it becoming a world where fake coins (bitcoin etc) are worth something but cash isn't,?
That doesn't sound like fun. I have been in a similar situation with a hotel and was told they needed the credit card so they had security in case I damaged the place.

Another thing when your swipe plastic cards your helping it go to the digital world.
Another thing when you go to a self checkout, scan your own products at a story, order groceries for pickup cause your to lazy to actually go in a grocery store walk around, pay at the gas pump swipe a plastic card ect. All these things put people out of jobs as well as help lead to digital number no cash money world.

I really think it's a safe issue they don't accept cash at night. Most hotel 50-100 or more. 5 people check in 250-500(not counting taxes and all) ...dope heads will rob and kill over a 20. Don't be mad when the lady just doing her job.
There something I forget what the words called its the opposite of thinking people aren't doing their jobs, if you think the person is doing the best they can all they know how to do. As if a child was doing their best. You wouldn't get mad you be happy that child did their best. I forget what it's called.... in most case I highly doubt people are doing their best job...yet by thinking they are it doesn't allow you to get mad about the situation.

Hotels have been that way for sometime....only take a credit card to reserve a room.....small mom and pop places might be the exception....

You could easily see why we would become a cashless society. Hard for crime to function.
No man may buy or sell unless he had the mark

There something I forget what the words called its the opposite of thinking people aren't doing their jobs, if you think the person is doing the best they can all they know how to do.
The peckerhead principle.
Rising to the level of their own stupidity and incompetence.
They've done all they can mentally and education wise and are too dumb and un/under educated to go any farther and either too dumb to realize they need to learn more or lack the drive to do so.

The child analogy is a no go. They, are ignorant because they simply haven't been around long enough to learn much. They (children) outgrow that.
Peckerheads never do because.. "You can't fix stupid"

WTH was the company card denied?

You are now retired but driving yourself to an early grave. Slow down. You can still do it all, but not all at once.
She said she couldn't take the company card because my driver's license didn't say Kiefer Manufacturing like the card said.
Anyway, this morning a different guy was working and he was glad to take cash and get me out of there. Then he was dumb enough to ask me if I wanted a reciept. That took another 10 minutes.
On the road hone.
Don't travel New York!!!!!
Oh, mask mandate is still strong here. Almost everyone is wearing a mask

I drove 22 hours straight to Chicago and back and 24 hours straight from western Texas home. I could not make it 36 hours. Glad when you get home and can get some rest.

Last edited:
She said she couldn't take the company card because my driver's license didn't say Kiefer Manufacturing like the card said.
Anyway, this morning a different guy was working and he was glad to take cash and get me out of there. Then he was dumb enough to ask me if I wanted a reciept. That took another 10 minutes.
On the road hone.
Don't travel New York!!!!!
Oh, mask mandate is still strong here. Almost everyone is wearing a mask
Amen! Sounds like you enjoyed your trip as much as I did mine. Us southern boys need to just stay below Maryland. Glad you got some sleep, travel safe.

Another thing when your swipe plastic cards your helping it go to the digital world.
Another thing when you go to a self checkout, scan your own products at a story, order groceries for pickup cause your to lazy to actually go in a grocery store walk around, pay at the gas pump swipe a plastic card ect. All these things put people out of jobs as well as help lead to digital number no cash money world.

Who do you think goes and picks out all the groceries people are ordering and bringing them out and loading cars?

The "local" Walmart has hired like 40 new employees to fill the curb side pickup orders last I heard.

And around here the pay at the pump gas stations still have the same amount of employees as they did when you had to go in. As someone who lives in the frozen tundra with 2 small kids in car seats i won't go to the gas station unless I can pay st the pump. (You know you can't leave kids in the car while you run in or someone will report you to the law these days).

Latest posts