World Show

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Well this probably should be in the show board, but this board gets a lil more action. Our Texas Longhorn World Show will be this next week, June 7 - 10 in Ft. Worth, TX. It will be held at the Will Rogers Memorial Complex, same place as the Ft. Worth Stock Show and Rodeo.

I invite any and all in the area to come out and see some awesome longhorns, you might even be surprised by a few of 'em.

Thursday is the National Youth show. Expecting close to 400 entries and there will be $70,000 up for grabs for the youth. Should be a sight to see.

Friday is the Non-Haltered show, always love this day. Get to sit in the stands (for the most part) and watch the cattle run in the ring freely. That night, 6pm, will be the Trophy Steer show, that is always amazing.

Saturday is the Haltered show. Should be a good one, always exciting. Get to the see the big bulls in this show. Then that evening, 6pm, will be the Summer Horn Showcase Sale. Always some big horned cattle in the sale, and any champion from any of the shows is eligible to be put in the sale.

Should be something there that interests just bout everyone. There is also a small trade show area open with shops and what not.

Sorry Got so long winded. I think some folks on here might be surprised at the quality of the longhorns at the show.

Ryan

Ryan, this sounds like a really great show, especially the non-haltered thing. Hope you'll be able to get some photos. (Reminds me of the "catch your a$$" class at donkey shows, where they're loose in the ring and you have to find your halter in the pile of halters and then catch your donkey.)

Gale,
The Non-Haltered show is always great. The best part of it is the Trophy Steer show. All those huge steers parading throughout the arena. The Youth show is another site to see. All those kids with all those animals. THey are organized, lined up, and always willing to help anyone, even their competitors.

THat Donkey class sounds awesome. I would love to see, heck even be apart, of that kind of class.

Ryan

Well we will be there just hope we just have a good time like I have said before this is for Kelly than it is for us (farm). I am looking forward to the Gold Merit and Judging contest. We are bathing and gooming Paint Sunday to gt him semi ready. Can't wait to see everyone that we have read and heard so much about. Thanks to everyone for their support. Will bring pictures to the board when we get back. I wish everyone luck!

Latest posts