World Hereford Tour

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Who all is going to go and which days?
It is in Calgary Alberta.

Applied for my passport and requested the 17th, 18th and 19th off of work to go.
Maybe if anybody is up there at the same time we can meet up.

The boss,his wife and kids are planingon attending.also the cow boss but I don't exactly know which days at this time. I and mother took in the one in Colorado several years ago and still remember a lot of the programs they had,well worth the time , I beleive. I do wonder if placeing it in on the stampede week was wise but time will tell.

I was wondering about that myself. Was told the rooms reserved for the tour are booked so I ended up north of Calgary closer to HD's neck of the woods.
Trying to find out if Northern Ranchers boy is going to be around that week. Would like to meet up with him again.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the cattle and meeting a lot more breeders.

Looks like I'm partying alone with Hillsdown and Mr.HD.
Just had an awesome evening and great steaks at their place tonight. Forgot my coat there.

Anybody else up here or planning on coming up? Names would help. HD said she would love to meet up with as many of us as possible that come up.

Using the hotel computor right now. Got lost in Lethbridge tried to use the truck route and missed my turn. Forgot to sign my passport and almost became a smart azz back at the border agent when he asked me how big the writing had to be for me to read the part that said to sign it. Figured I didn't want to turned back so I kept my smart azz reply to myself.
ran into tons of rain. Just enjoying my trip and I have met several people and hey Knersie I think I insulted a breeder from MT. I told him I thought you raised the best looking polled Herefords I ever saw. Then I remembered he raised polled too. Oops!

I luv herfrds":160bi5u6 said:
Just had an awesome evening and great steaks at their place tonight. Forgot my coat there.

Anybody else up here or planning on coming up? Names would help. HD said she would love to meet up with as many of us as possible that come up.

Using the hotel computor right now. Got lost in Lethbridge tried to use the truck route and missed my turn. Forgot to sign my passport and almost became a smart azz back at the border agent when he asked me how big the writing had to be for me to read the part that said to sign it. Figured I didn't want to turned back so I kept my smart azz reply to myself.
ran into tons of rain. Just enjoying my trip and I have met several people and hey Knersie I think I insulted a breeder from MT. I told him I thought you raised the best looking polled Herefords I ever saw. Then I remembered he raised polled too. Oops!
SOOOO glad you're havin fun!!!!!

I luv herfrds":1kz8xwfu said:

Who was he? Pm me if you prefer.

Not yet. There are SO MANY people here.
Met people from New Zealand, Ireland, UK, Australia (Where's Colin?), and breeders from all over Canada.
Going to have to post pics of the shows and cattle.
Lost my front row seat this afternoon when I went to lunch so I ended up in a different spot in the beer garden instead so those pics are not the best. No I wasn't drinking I can't stand beer.

Just got back to my motel. Going to be a LONG drive home tomorrow thought I had better call it a night and rest.
Got invited to stop at a Hereford ranch on my way home and I sure hope to try and stop. Nice family.
Met up with GM88 who is over on ranchers and had a great visit with them. Met NUMUROUS breeders. Had dinner tonight with a great Hereford breeder family. H'76 knows them.
The dinner tonight was awesome. You prime rib or ribs.

The Ranchers Day with the pen judging was very interesting. The judges were on horseback and judged each pen with either a cow calf pair or a pen of 3 bulls.
It was at the grandstands in Olds. It got fairly hot but it was a good judging. Didn't agree totally with some of the winners but it was good all around.

Got to laugh though. GM88 told me I just blend into the background. They walked right by me once and I scared them once when I walked right up to them. :lol2:

Home safe!
Found out I took 399 pics! Goiung to take me awhile to upload the ones I want to.
Did stop off at the ranch I was invited to visit. The guy was gone but his Dad showed up and took me around to see the bulls and I found one I really liked.

Just wanted to let everyone know that it was a pleasure and honor to finally meet my dear friend ILH in person !
She is an awesome gal and just wish we could have had longer time to spend together but my catering the reunion and some family drama over the weekend had done us in and I was exhausted as well as being so far being in my chores. :(

The first thing Mr HD said when she drove off Hillsdown Ranch was " She is really nice, what a great lady " :D and I said " I already knew that , that is why we have been great friends for the last 6 years " ;-)

My turn next ILH , will be planning a trip to your neck of the woods when your beautiful log home is finished ,if not sooner . :tiphat:

Just holler HD we will have everything ready for both you and Mr.HD!

It was sure great meeting both you and your hubby. I wish we could have visited longer too.

Power was out last night til 1 am this morning. I will try to post pics tonight!

Ok here are the pics!

Peewee Showmanship
IMG_8769.jpg

Junior Showman ship
IMG_8776.jpg

Young man from Ireland showing in his countries show clothes
IMG_8787.jpg

Hirsey cattle
IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8860.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg