World feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

C & C Land & Catt

Reaction score
We were thinking about testing world feeder on a 560 acre field and would like some feedback from experienced growers. Is this a hoax or for real. The field is bottomland but we do not want to irrigate.
Thanx

I had enough world feeder for one acre, So far I'm not real impressed with the results.
I did not sprig it as instructed, And I did not poison all of the exsisting grass. So maybe it's my fault!!
Before you invest a lot of money , you may want to take the time to visit some of the people that are using it. They do have a web site.

Good Luck!!

Its a hoax, run my neighbor and I spent a bundle on the crap. Common bermuda out performs it. After 3 years of babing the horrible stuff I disc the hay field and sprayed it with roundup, and replanted bahia. It is a HOAX.

MULDOON":3tr4kh4x said:
I had enough world feeder for one acre, So far I'm not real impressed with the results.
I did not sprig it as instructed, And I did not poison all of the exsisting grass. So maybe it's my fault!!
Before you invest a lot of money , you may want to take the time to visit some of the people that are using it. They do have a web site.

Good Luck!!

Yea the crooks have a web site that you can not make any negative comments on. Don't be a sucker I was. Remember P.T. Barnum. I didn't have anyone to warn me wish I had.

P.S. with your little hereford comment I should of told you it was great, and your little Angus would have withered up on the junk. :lol:

We've got a test plot of World Feeder.. I guess this is the second summer we've had it. It's okay.. but not as good as some of the other choices in my opinion. But then, we're in central Texas, not Oklahoma, which I think is the area it was originally developed for.

Surely they've got someone in your area that has some you can look at. That's what I would suggest. Here in Texas, Jiggs is a much better choice.

TheBullLady":24e7qo05 said:
We've got a test plot of World Feeder.. I guess this is the second summer we've had it. It's okay.. but not as good as some of the other choices in my opinion. But then, we're in central Texas, not Oklahoma, which I think is the area it was originally developed for.

Surely they've got someone in your area that has some you can look at. That's what I would suggest. Here in Texas, Jiggs is a much better choice.

Yea read their web site the stuff is supposed to grow in the desert B.S. I bought mine from a crook in Crockett Texas . His field looked like the cattlemans field of dreams. I was to stupid to notice that their were no cows. You can make any grass look great with tons of fertilize and nothing eating it.

Yea read their web site the stuff is supposed to grow in the desert B.S. I bought mine from a crook in Crockett Texas . His field looked like the cattlemans field of dreams. I was to stupid to notice that their were no cows. You can make any grass look great with tons of fertilize and nothing eating it.[/quote]

so true.

frenchie":2kdbzkm6 said:
Thank God I found this site ,We were intending to try 50 acres.
Frenchie
All I have heard is bad comments about the stuff. Campgrounds comments are ithe most positive that I have ever heard about the stuff.

la4angus said:
frenchie said:
Frenchie
All I have heard is bad comments about the stuff. Campgrounds comments are ithe most positive that I have ever heard about the stuff.

la4angus I quess the old saying if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is applies here. Glad I did,nt waste my money. :) :)

frenchie":3t03t9q2 said:
la4angus":3t03t9q2 said:
frenchie":3t03t9q2 said:
Frenchie

la4angus I quess the old saying if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is applies here. Glad I did,nt waste my money. :) :)
I almost bought some too, a couple of years ago., but several county extension agents couldn't find anything positive to say about it, also a neighbor about 30 mi. away that they had used in their brochures wouldn't say anything about the stuff.His picture was in their brochure along with saying how great it was, but maybe they forgot to send him his last check.
I dunno!!!!!!!

C & C Land & Catt":1prf2qrp said:
We were thinking about testing world feeder on a 560 acre field and would like some feedback from experienced growers. Is this a hoax or for real. The field is bottomland but we do not want to irrigate.
Thanx

Several years ago we went to a World Feeder field day. It was almost like a Baptist tent meeting!! The man who "discovered" it is/was a preacher and people stood up and said "Amen" all through his presentation. I was impressed until I tried to get some info from them on a fertilizing schedule. They just refused to talk about how much fertilizer it needed. Since then the Noble Foundation and OK State University tested it alongside other Bermuda strains. They found it's a good grass; but no better than other, much cheaper, Bermuda strains. Don't waste your money. Talk to your local Extension people and see what they recommend for your area. Plains Bluestem has been popular here in southern OK for several years.

I like Tifton 85. It works in West Texas. Had a neighbor with World Feeder on one acre test plot. Grew nice and green covered really well put three heifers on it the second year and plowed it under the third year. It would not hold up to grazing. Maybe over stocked? Compacted soil? I don't know, but he won't say anything good about it.

Latest posts