World Cup Soccer

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
The average American cares less than Zero for soccer while the rest of the world highly values the game.
I was very impressed with Japan's soccer fans and their team's manners and graciousness in defeat.

Belgium eliminated Japan 3-2 then after the heart breaking loss, Japan's fans stayed behind to clean up after
themselves. They picked up and disposed of all the trash and litter that had accumulated in the stadium.
Russian officials also reported that Japan's team had left the team locker room spotless, leaving behind only
a Thank You Note for Russia's hospitality in hosting the games .

Below are the current odds for the 8 remaining teams

Brazil 5-2
England 7-2
France 4-1
Belgium 6-1
Croatia 6-1
Uruguay 16-1
Russia 20-1
Sweden 25-1

TennesseeTuxedo":1mzj8zkt said:
If I say that the Japense are the finest race of people on the planet will I be tarred a racist?

Japanese are a nationality not a race.

BTW: anthropologists are now moving slowly away from dividing Homo sapiens into races. Based on two tenets:

1. All Homo sapiens are fundamentally the same and the differences that have accumulated due to isolation from the ancestral gene pool are not worthy of distinction.

2. It contributes to racism.

Japenese and other Orientals including the American Indian have historically been included in the Mongoloid Race, named after the great Mongol civilization, not to be confused with the genetic defect - down syndrome (mongolism).

Bright Raven":5wy9fyin said:
TennesseeTuxedo":5wy9fyin said:
If I say that the Japense are the finest race of people on the planet will I be tarred a racist?

BTW: anthropologists are now moving slowly away from dividing Homo sapiens into races. Based on two tenets:

1. All Homo sapiens are fundamentally the same and the differences that have accumulated due to isolation from the ancestral gene pool are not worthy of distinction.

Japenese and other Orientals including the American Indian have historically been included in the Mongoloid Race, named after the great Mongol civilization, not to be confused with the genetic defect - down syndrome (mongolism).

Try peddling that mumbo jumbo in Toykyo and see how far it gets you.

TennesseeTuxedo":2xgelhz6 said:
Bright Raven":2xgelhz6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xgelhz6 said:

Try peddling that mumbo jumbo in Toykyo and see how far it gets you.

I will accept your word for that. But I will mention there are some world famous Japanese Anthropologists who would accept that mumbo jumbo.

World cup soccer?

Yawn.............

But truly some great acting while pretending to be injured.

True Grit Farms":3hch6xwq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3hch6xwq said:
Cut from the same cloth as the scientists who believe in man caused climate change no doubt.
And the same fools that believe we evolved from apes.

Only a fool would say one day an ape - the next day a man. That of course, is the way some think the concept works.

Man and primates share the same phylogenetic history, Vince. A vastly different concept.

Logar":1trzvnc4 said:
World cup soccer?

Yawn.............

But truly some great acting while pretending to be injured.

Neymar!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/25spCqOY7Xo[/youtube]

Sheesh.
Everyone knows 2 fish walked out of the sea. One crawled up a tree turned into a bird and flew away.
The other walked into the forest and hopped out as a rabbit leading to the epitome of evolution: the Playboy Bunny.

Latest posts