World Angus Forum 2009

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi me and my dad are coming to canada from wales and will be visiting the forum on the 14th , just wondering as a guest whether we will be able to see the sales or shows as site is unclear whether you have to register to do so, also roughy how many cattle do they have there etc, as we have no idea what to expect, thanks

welshmatt88":2gk77vf6 said:
Hi me and my dad are coming to canada from wales and will be visiting the forum on the 14th , just wondering as a guest whether we will be able to see the sales or shows as site is unclear whether you have to register to do so, also roughy how many cattle do they have there etc, as we have no idea what to expect, thanks

Well, if you read the entire article I posted, there's details at World Angus Forum Home Page whether you have to register for the entire event or not. Accordint to the article I posted, day visitors can visit the forum for free without need of registering.

Okay, for those of you too darned lazy to click on the link in my OP here's the article:

World Angus Forum 2009
From the June 8, 2009 Issue of Agri-News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The World Angus Forum (WAF) 2009, scheduled for July 13-16, 2009, in Calgary, Alberta, is shaping up to be the largest Angus event ever held in Canada.
It will take a 2.5 km walk to tour the 160,000 sq. ft. of cattle and breeder displays from the more than 200 exhibitors participating in the event, with Canadian breeders from P.E.I. to B.C. as well as the U.S.A., Denmark, Scotland and more.

It is expected that 1,000 head of Angus cattle will be on the grounds at Spruce Meadows, just south of Calgary, for forum participants and visitors to tour. Many will be entered in the open, junior and futurity shows while others will be the focus of breeder displays.

"This is a chance to promote our genetics to the world," says John Lee, chairman of the WAF 2009 organizing committee. "Canadian Angus breeders have responded with great enthusiasm. The forum will provide a unique opportunity for both purebred and commercial operations to view Angus programs and meet breeders from across the country and around the world all in one place."

A feature will be the first ever international embryo display highlighting genetics from nine countries. Embryos were implanted in Canada and the resulting calves will represent genetics from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Denmark, England, Ireland, Scotland, Uruguay and the United States.

The World Angus Forum 2009 includes a technical conference, a western ranch tour, gala banquets, the Angus marketplace, western and Canadian art exhibits and a cattle sale as well as a special agenda geared to junior participants. Current registrations from all parts of the world stand at over 500.

Day visitors are encouraged to attend the shows, the sale and tour the exhibits and MarketPlace for free at Spruce Meadows July 14 and 15 with free parking provided. Food and beverage concessions will be on-site.

Complete details on all aspects of the forum can be found on the WAF website at WorldAngusForum.com. International forums in the Angus breed are held every four years in different countries. The last time a forum was held in Canada was in 1995.

Jan Lee
403-948-5877
[email protected]

welshmatt88 you will have a great time. I am looking forward to going to the event as well.

It is a little expensive to register for the full Forum, but it will be a great way to meet people and have an opportunity to tour Alberta. However, you can still see the shows, walk through the barns and attend the sales without registering. The deadline may be past to register, but I would give them a call and see what they can do if your interested.

I am working with the WAF committee and will be doing videos of the event, which will then be posted on YouTube. So hopefully, those that can not attend or would like to share the experience with their family and friends can.

Thought you might be interested in seeing the videos from the World Angus Forum. I know it was one of the best shows I have ever gone to.
[youtube]D38WFftEPDI[/youtube]
[youtube]U49yqXaH1FE[/youtube]
[youtube]t3DOTV1wyGM[/youtube]

Hope you enjoy!

I wish my internet connection was better to see the videos, but I'm happy to hear you had a good time there. :)

I have heard great things about the world Angus forum and that they are second only to the world dairy/Holsteins expos.

Looks like you all had a heck of a time. :tiphat:

Latest posts