Working with Crowder Wimmens

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I think we can all safely say that there are a lot of fat folks out there. We eat too much.

I work with a couple of big old Crowder wimmens. One in particular, she's about 5'6, 230 lbs. She's been on the cereal diet. She's the kind of woman has a slim fast shake to wash down lunch. ( I don't have the heart to tell her...) Anyway, she has a bowl of cereal after she gets off her bus route, bugs me no end, I hate it when people eat at work when it isn't time to. She will have two, and I am not making this up, Lean Cuisine lunches at lunch. Oh, she has a snack at 11:00. Lunch is at 12:20. Then she has a snack about three. Then Gawd knows what she eats when no one is looking or at night. Her kids are real skinny, so I think she's taking from from them...

Anyway!!! She has been bringing boxes of cereal to school and putting then in out pantry. There are about nine, yes nine boxes in there now. Raisin Bran, Special K, Apple Jacks, Apple Cheerios, more Special K, some off brand stuff... She brought in three more boxes yesterday.

My question: Why is this bothering me? I want her to eat at home. I want her to eat sensibly, I want her to stop eating all the freakin time. I want her to stop talking about being broke when she has all this expensive cereal in our pantry. Lord knows what she has at home.

Should I say anything to her about the amount of crap she's got in out pantry? This is a classroom after all. We store food for cooking classes in there. It isn't her home away from home.

How would you all address this, if at all?

No and I left out the best part. She never brings milk to go with her cereal, so she takes milkl from the kids. Yes, she takes milk from special needs kids@@@@ Our kids get free breakfast and we serve in the classroom due to time constraints. If here is a carton of milk unopened, she'll take it and use it herself. I got onto her for it Friday. I was feeding this young man who really has some profound disabilities, and when I went to get his milk, and it was sitting on his tray, it was gone, and there she was pouring his milk on her darn cereal.

I said, "That was Joey's (not his real name) milk! You stole milk from a disabled kid! Stop doing that!" I said it loud, too. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lammie, as I was reading I was wondering why it bothered you, too...until I came to the part about her using the boy's milk leaving him with nothing. Yeah, I'd have expressed my displeasure at that.

Alice

I bothers me because she's eating when she should be working. It bothers me that she's always saying she's on a diet. It bothers me that she will eat everything that is not nailed down. You outa see this gal eat.

Why would anyone want to make that kind of spectacle of themselves????

Her supervisor is fatter. I have expressed my great displeasure at this woman taking milk from children and her reaction is that at least she is eating healthier.

To quote my kids: WTF????

It's just a rant folks. I hate a glutton more than anything. Eat to live, dont live to eat.

What people eat and do is there own business. The food thing wouldn't bother me.

I see people spending good money for fitness centers and wonder why they just don't clean up their yards or pastures or get a push mower instead of the riding mower and all the lazy gadgets they have. But I laugh about that and it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me about this story is that the lady is stealing milk from kids. That really bothers me. The subject of hungry kids bothers me to begin with. They didn't ask to be brought into this world.

If I see someone stealing milk from underpriviledged kids, my mouth is going to go into automatic engagement. I'd be doing my very best to shame them in the worst ways possible.

Lammie,

When it comes to people with this kind of health problem it's gonna be more of an emotional problem rather than physical problem, and she'll have to address it, or live with the size she is. You getting steamed over it isn't gonna make a bit of difference to her, so why bother?

That said, filching from the students is absolutely unacceptable. And, crowding the cupboards with her food is absolutely unacceptable...and eating in front of the students while they are expected to wait until mealtime is absolutely unacceptable.

There's 2 different problems here. One you can do something about...tell her to find another place for her food and quit eating in front of the students. The other you can't do anything about...what you've called gluttony. That emotional problem is as hard to overcome as any addiction.

Alice

Lammie":2snierki said:
I think we can all safely say that there are a lot of fat folks out there. We eat too much.

I work with a couple of big old Crowder wimmens. One in particular, she's about 5'6, 230 lbs. She's been on the cereal diet. She's the kind of woman has a slim fast shake to wash down lunch. ( I don't have the heart to tell her...) Anyway, she has a bowl of cereal after she gets off her bus route, bugs me no end, I hate it when people eat at work when it isn't time to. She will have two, and I am not making this up, Lean Cuisine lunches at lunch. Oh, she has a snack at 11:00. Lunch is at 12:20. Then she has a snack about three. Then Gawd knows what she eats when no one is looking or at night. Her kids are real skinny, so I think she's taking from from them...

Anyway!!! She has been bringing boxes of cereal to school and putting then in out pantry. There are about nine, yes nine boxes in there now. Raisin Bran, Special K, Apple Jacks, Apple Cheerios, more Special K, some off brand stuff... She brought in three more boxes yesterday.

My question: Why is this bothering me? I want her to eat at home. I want her to eat sensibly, I want her to stop eating all the freakin time. I want her to stop talking about being broke when she has all this expensive cereal in our pantry. Lord knows what she has at home.

Should I say anything to her about the amount of crap she's got in out pantry? This is a classroom after all. We store food for cooking classes in there. It isn't her home away from home.

How would you all address this, if at all?
I dont know how I desrve this big gal stuff. All I did was innocently address a post about somebody posting a picture of their big ol' gal friend and I've been forever branded...Guess one of these days I'm going to have to post a picture of my Wife, just to clear things up. :shock:

Now, Uncle Crowder, don't you go taking offense. I done heard about them parties you been a throwing.

It isn't that I have anything against big people. I am just tired of batting clean up for her while she stuffs her face. I guess I just never viewed food as security or comfort. Food is fuel. Some of is tasty, but it runs your body and not your life. I battle the bulge myself. But it helps if you just eat less. You can't lose weight no matter what you do if you still eat the same unhealthy portions. The stuff I eat for lunch wouldn't be a snack for her. What I had for lunch:

One chicken leg
One cup, (I measured) of tater salad, mustard
One sugar free pudding cup
Sugar free lemonaide.

I was fine till dinner when I had a Jr Bacon Cheese burger at Wendy's cause we were out shopping. That was about 5:15.

Oh well. Thanks for listening.

Latest posts