working pen cover

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg":1f2splsf said:
Question on the one I'm gonna' build. Do I want a concrete floor?
I am buying and building a setup for syncing cows for AI. The time around Thanksgiving when I breed fall calvers, can be 3 days of cold and snow and wind. Gonna' solve that problem. Timed AI can be tough.
How do you keep the floor around the chute area reasonably clean if it's not concrete? Gravel would be hard to scrape, dirt would get muddy. I could see running 100 head thru the chute 3 times or more in 10 days being a mess.
Don't like letting them out of the chute onto concrete very much either.
Building looks nice Hoss. To get to have something like that makes it worthwhile. gs
Don't put concrete in the ally where they will be walking of the chute. Put it where you will be if you want to.

jedstivers":2wkyrvgx said:
plumber_greg":2wkyrvgx said:
Question on the one I'm gonna' build. Do I want a concrete floor?
I am buying and building a setup for syncing cows for AI. The time around Thanksgiving when I breed fall calvers, can be 3 days of cold and snow and wind. Gonna' solve that problem. Timed AI can be tough.
How do you keep the floor around the chute area reasonably clean if it's not concrete? Gravel would be hard to scrape, dirt would get muddy. I could see running 100 head thru the chute 3 times or more in 10 days being a mess.
Don't like letting them out of the chute onto concrete very much either.
Building looks nice Hoss. To get to have something like that makes it worthwhile. gs
Don't put concrete in the ally where they will be walking of the chute. Put it where you will be if you want to.

I agree with Jed about the no concrete for the cattle alley.if it is under roof less mud anyway only the moisture from urine and manure.

Latest posts