Working in retail

Help Support CattleToday:

2barmcattle

Reaction score
I manage a "retail establishment". Boy have times changed. Customers want the absolute lowest price, best service with no waiting. Corporate geniuses want high profits, low labor $(and lower evey year), perfectly maintained facilities(with less labor every year). Those who work in these stores want happy customers and cannot physically keep up sometimes.

THANK GOD FOR MY CATTLE!!!!

Ditto except I work in wholesale. Where all customers want to be first off the truck, expect me to never be out of anything, want it now and pay for it in 90 days, and believe that they are the only people on the face of the earth who deserve to make a profit.

Ditto on the cows too.

yall just stated why ive never worked off the farm.dont like bosses telling me when what an how todo.an i sure dont like having to deal with people.

I worked for Target starting when I was in college as a cashier and went on to be an area manager when I graduated. It was the worst thing I ever did. Being a retail manager involved long hours, huge headaches, managers who just yelled and screamed at you every day, sexual harrassment, (I didn't realize it then because women didn't talk about that sort of thing and there were no real rules), I was exhausted and never home. The money was good, though. Between mine and my husband's salaries, we did well.

When I found out I was pregnant, I had to make a choice about what I was going to do. I worked odd hours, he worked odd hours, we were miles and miles from relatives that could help us, and I was not going to trust anyone to care for my baby at night. I am not against daycare. I worked at one for over ten years. I have seen what good daycare can do for a child. It is a good experience for kids, in spite of what you read. Good daycare is worth every dime.

I didn't find good night care, though, so I quit. I walked in one day and took my usual daily a$$ chewing from my boss and just decided screw this, I'm outa here. And I quit.

I had nightmares about Target for years after that. I couldn't walk into a store without getting sick to my stomach. Everyone I worked with was unhappy, divorced, fooling around... I am so glad I left it. I will NEVER work retail again.

Thank God for other jobs!!!

I also work in retail also--I'm low enough that I have few,if any,issues with management..In fact,
as My HEB is a teaching store,management isn't around long enough to annoy too many people..
However,it's the ones that have a little bit of power that one has to look out for.. Funny thing,I'v been there so long,the kids come to me for advice! Not about important things,wouldn't give advice other than"Have you talked to your mom/dad/teacher.."just stuff around the store..

Latest posts