working dog UPDATED

Help Support CattleToday:

andrews29

Reaction score
Have a aussie that took her first hard hit today ( kicked in the head by a 800 pound steer that got out). Should i do anything with her to help her confidence i know i would be gun shy now if i was her. little back ground she has been working cows for 2 months had a few small blows but nothing like this.

I let her work cows this afternoon and she did fine never would have guessed she took such a hard blow this morning.

Tie her to a feeder and let her push the cows back. Keep her in the mix. She will be back on their heels before you know it.

I would never tie a dog around cattle. Just not fair or good for the dog or cattle.

Andrews, I had a heeler who took a good knock to his head..split his face wide open..much to my husband's insistence HE could stich him up, I drove him to the vet's and they performed surgery to repair his face.

They sent me home with one of those collars to keep him from scratching his face and a warning he'd be gun shy around stock..

yeah..he was even more tenicious..I think it really pissed him off..he never got kicked again.

Latest posts