working cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am relatively new to the cattle business and still learning. Are there certain times of the year that are best for working cattle in order to get the best results from the wormer/vacine? Could someone help me with a good schedule for what to do and when as it relates to worming/vacinating? Also, sometimes I may buy cow/calf during the year. Should I go ahead and vacinate them then? I usually give them some LA200 and wormer at that time, but I do not know much about vacinating. Any advice welcomed. thanks gene

[email protected]

We vaccinate and worm in the spring and the fall. You should check with a good cattle doc in your area to find out what vaccinations are recommended and what time of year. If you are going to get into this, you might as well develop a good working relationship with vet that knows his/her stuff and is willing to work with you. A good vet almost becomes a partner in your business.

dunmovin farms

> I am relatively new to the cattle
> business and still learning. Are
> there certain times of the year
> that are best for working cattle
> in order to get the best results
> from the wormer/vacine? Could
> someone help me with a good
> schedule for what to do and when
> as it relates to
> worming/vacinating? Also,
> sometimes I may buy cow/calf
> during the year. Should I go ahead
> and vacinate them then? I usually
> give them some LA200 and wormer at
> that time, but I do not know much
> about vacinating. Any advice
> welcomed. thanks gene

If I were you I wouldn't give the LA200(Liquamiacin) unless there is a bacterial infection. If there is nothing wrong with them giving an antibiotic is a bad thing as it will reduce the effectiveness of the antibiotic if you need to use it for a major disease at a later time.

Latest posts