Working bulls ie no grain, grass raised

Help Support CattleToday:

R.N.Reed":dnw25jgg said:
Interesting that #6 has a double dose of Cujo.

Because of the double dose of Washington.
Cujo has had a reasonable influence on the Australian herd through a couple of sires. Another one is Stonelea Winchester, through Broughton Park Magnum Q49. I love the Winchester cows. We've gone and used him a few times in recent years and he just seems to hit right every time.

Washington was used quite extensively for awhile there. It's interesting the number of times I've looked up an animal's pedigree (that I've picked out as particularly good) and seen him pop up on each side.

Of course there are a lot of other imported bulls who have had just as much, if not more, of an influence as Cujo.

Great set of bulls Killala,I was just suprised to see Cujo up that close in the pedigree since he has got to be pushin 20 to 25 yrs since his hey day.I believe Winchester isnt that far behind as well.

None of the shorties that I could find around me looked anywhere near as good as the ones you posted.
If I could have found one that looked like some of them I'd probably still be using one.

R.N.Reed":3pjtlny1 said:
Great set of bulls Killala,I was just suprised to see Cujo up that close in the pedigree since he has got to be pushin 20 to 25 yrs since his hey day.I believe Winchester isnt that far behind as well.

You'd be right there. Washington was a '93 drop... we generally use the bulls a bit longer (later) here just because they don't come out as sires here until they've 'proven' themselves in your part of the world. The expenses of introducing a new bull mean that when breeders here do it, they want to be sure they'll be worth it.

In my last year at the stud, we used Winchester over one of my favourite heifers and she's dropped a magnificent heifer calf. I sure do miss playing with the cows everyday! Mind you mine keep me busy enough as it is!

A few sons of JR Legend have sold well here lately, the major Shorty sales for the year are coming up.

I was hoping a few more people might have a go at guessing which bull brought more!
Everyone seems to know what a good commercial bull should look like so I thought there might be a few more opinions!?!

I think this is the fundamental difference between our shows and the ones in the US. We actually lose money going to a show. :lol:[/quote]

This just chaps my hide. I'm reading a nice discussion and looking at some very nice bulls....when somebody has to make a
U.S / Aussie jab. I'm sick of the comments form BOTH ends. In a way it's apples vs. oranges. When can we all just let each other be???!!! :cry2: Do we have to have seperate boards here??

show time":3inoj89s said:
I think this is the fundamental difference between our shows and the ones in the US. We actually lose money going to a show. :lol:

This just chaps my hide. I'm reading a nice discussion and looking at some very nice bulls....when somebody has to make a
U.S / Aussie jab. I'm sick of the comments form BOTH ends. In a way it's apples vs. oranges. When can we all just let each other be???!!! :cry2: Do we have to have seperate boards here??[/quote]

Did it look like I was starting an argument? No I was merely discussing something with a friend about how things may differ. There's no smoke with out fire, and there was most definitely no fire here buddy. Ease off. :mad:

Sorry Carla

Hey aussiegirl, the people that tell you "there is no smoke without a fire"; These people know nothing about chemistry! :banana:

Uhh,...
I'm a little lost here.
Is a comment made with a :lol: laughing smiley face supposed to be taken seriously?
I originally detected a bit of sarcasm from the post, but not knowing anything about shows I assumed Carla was Kicking herself and elevating the U.S. circuit as a money maker for those who partake.
Is that a bad thing?
I may not have been looking at it from the right angle though.

Anyway, I don't know of any Shorties around me that look this good... YOU DARNED QUALITY AUSTRALIAN SHORTHORN BREEDER! :D

(had to make the post fit with the direction this thread is headed)
:D :D :D

Aussie cowgirl, I've ready several of your post where you have to talk about U.S vs Aussie. We all know there is a difference in the way things are done. Just shut your freakin mouth already! I (and i'm sure several other's) are tired of hearing about it. So back off tubby!!!

show time":1m04ji6q said:
Aussie cowgirl, I've ready several of your post where you have to talk about U.S vs Aussie. We all know there is a difference in the way things are done. Just shut your freakin mouth already! I (and i'm sure several other's) are tired of hearing about it. So back off tubby!!!

This is just mean and no class.
show time , you need to retract this and beg forgiveness.
Just ain't no way to talk to people no matter what.

show time":2prxkcn7 said:
I'd rather read anything Aussie cowgril writes than your posts. Just ain't no need in being rude.

show time":1bt1bpg1 said:

The way I see it you have two options here. Either apologize to this young lady for your personal insults, or not come here anymore. What you have done is rude and uncalled for.

So get nice or get out. If you don't I will personally file a complaint against you with the Mods and or Macon.

The way I see it you have two options here. Either apologize to this young lady for your personal insults, or not come here anymore. What you have done is rude and uncalled for.

So get nice or get out. If you don't I will personally file a complaint against you with the Mods and or Macon.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmf1":4c0f7bqi said:
Uhh,...
I'm a little lost here.
Is a comment made with a :lol: laughing smiley face supposed to be taken seriously?
I originally detected a bit of sarcasm from the post, but not knowing anything about shows I assumed Carla was Kicking herself and elevating the U.S. circuit as a money maker for those who partake.
Is that a bad thing?
I may not have been looking at it from the right angle though.

Anyway, I don't know of any Shorties around me that look this good... YOU DARNED QUALITY AUSTRALIAN SHORTHORN BREEDER! :D

(had to make the post fit with the direction this thread is headed)
:D :D :D

how, when and where was I kicking myself??????????

can we get back to the topic at hand please?

yes they're good bulls, any one care to guess which one a commercial breeder was prepared to make the most for?

Sorry Carla, I confused you with Aussie Cowgirl from the post about "actually losing money" showing in Australia.

I still like this fella here best from the pix,

PC120508.jpg

Latest posts