Working 3 Jobs in a Recession?

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":3c3jcllg said:
When they hit the teen years, the garden better be pretty productive.

Couldn't you imagine just turning 40 years old and have 64 granchildren? You could line them up on a chessboard and not have any spaces.

She's gonna breastfeed 8 kids??? She better get herself a nurse cow. Or at least a goat. sheesh.

john250":1bcgvmpq said:
When they hit the teen years, the garden better be pretty productive.

And Mom and Dad had better lay in a big stock of Prozac!

Alice

LoveMoo11":3sawzzkn said:
She's gonna breastfeed 8 kids??? She better get herself a nurse cow. Or at least a goat. sheesh.

3 Mammies plus her should do the trick.

Looks like one of crowder's wimmen might be able to do the breast feeding for her.
Maby she could talk ol Crowder in to a loan of one of them.
For a fee of course.

Cal

Toby L.":akfj4jew said:
I saw it on world news tonight, and yes she wants to breast feed. I don't see how thats possible, with that big of a litter.

She'll definitely have to increase her protein intake and overall dry matter intake. Plenty of energy and watch for mastitis but with that many milkings per day mastitis shouldn't be a problem. ;-)

TexasBred":3b2i251t said:
Toby L.":3b2i251t said:
I saw it on world news tonight, and yes she wants to breast feed. I don't see how thats possible, with that big of a litter.

She'll definitely have to increase her protein intake and overall dry matter intake. Plenty of energy and watch for mastitis but with that many milkings per day mastitis shouldn't be a problem. ;-)
hope she aint a poor doer' what about milk fever

No offense to anyone, but I strongly believe that people were not meant to have babies in litters. That's why God only gave us two breasts. If we were supposed to have children in litters we would have several pairs.

And bathing suits would be funny looking.

And bras would be more like body armor.

I did it, but I really didn't like it very much, breast feeding. It was like having a tick attached to you all the time, eating, sleeping cooking, cleaning, watching a soccer game... One's bad enough, but eight is just, well, too many. He77, one at a time was too many for me!

Can you imagine how many diapers? Laundry? Fees for sports? Cheerleading uniforms? Sports equipment? What about when they start driving???

I don't think she put too much thought into this.

If a couple is having a hard time conceiving because of fertility and the couple is getting older in age and they go to the doctor....what does the doctor usually say? Usually what happens if the male is not shooting blanks, is that the female is given an opportunity to take fertility drugs. The doctor will make darn sure you understand that you can have 100 babies, or not rare, twins. The couple usually is so desparate to have a child, they will sign anything.

trying to feed 8 babies on the teat will take her day an nite.an she wont ever sleep.besides she will prolly go dry in a week.

..........."Can you imagine how many diapers? Laundry? Fees for sports? Cheerleading uniforms? Sports equipment? What about when they start driving???".........

Our tax dollars at work. :cowboy:

They are given the option to delete VERY early on, less than two weeks. IMO unless they can pay cash for ALL expenses(no government handouts) they should be required to delete down to one. If doing that offends their sensibilities/religion, they should only get to fertilize one egg to begin with.
With litters becoming more common with VERY high medical bills even more common- its going to make maternity insurance so high no one can afford it. And thats not right.

My sister really irritated me when she had a litter of three and was on welfare???????????????????? and draggin my Mom down too to cover her shortcomings.
All great kids(Thank god they were all healthy eventually)- but that just wasn't right.

I even used cloth diapers to save money. The only time they wore disposables was when we went on a visit, and at night. Diapers are formula are murder. I had to go with formula when I had the second one after I went back to work. The powered stuff is less expensive but still pretty outragious. And that's for a kid that didn't have allergies, wasn't lactose intolerant and didn't need extra nutrition. Those formulas will break the bank. I haven't priced the recently, but friends tell me they are several dollars a can. Geez, who can afford that?

I had a client with quads, two of which were disabled. They already had a child but wanted one more... She was at her wit's end. Her parents disagreed about her having a "litter" so they moved away from them, their church, their friends and all the support they might have had. Mom was depressed and Dad was working constantly to keep them all fed. She did have a spotlessly clean house, though. I have to hand that to her. I don't think I would have. Mom's chief complaint was that she didn't have any time to herself. Nope, that's what happens when you have kids. I used to escape to the bathroom to try and get a few minutes to myself but they eventually figure out where you are.

Ever had a kid slide something under the bathroom door for you to look at? Or look under the crack in the door and say, "mom, those are pretty panties!"?

Howdyjabo":19zyfd52 said:
They are given the option to delete VERY early on, less than two weeks. IMO unless they can pay cash for ALL expenses(no government handouts) they should be required to delete down to one.

This in vitro fertilization is having other costs to society as well. For instance, when the eggs are fertilized they are stored until needed. Once successfully tranferred to the womb, what are you to do with the extras. Most people refuse to allow "their" fertilized eggs to be given to someone else AND they don't won't to destroy them cause some feel this would be murder. So rather than paying to store them they just walk off and leave them with the hospital. Many hospitals are scared to destroy them since this could - to some - be viewed as murder so we end up picking up the tab. I imagine the attorneys will be getting rich of this for years to come and we again will be picking up the tab.

Thats what breast pumps are for. A new mother can pump the milk and put it in the fridge for later use, maybe even freeze it.

There was that other family who had 8 but one died, a week later. A few years ago. Diane Sawyer use to visit with the Dilleys, they had 7 kids, kind of a neat story too.

I think this is truly a blessed event, alot of work, but alot of joy too.

GMN

Latest posts