Work Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a few threads about work boots, but with the search feature down I'll start another thread. I'm looking for a slip on boot that's water resistant and somewhat lightweight. What I'm looking at are steel toed but it's not a deal breaker if they are not. Right now these are what I'm looking at and was just wanting for some more recommendations in the same price range.

http://www.toughweld.com/products/25722 ... wn-oil-tan

TexasBred":25g3gxjd said:
Slick I don't need a tall boot so have been wearing these for about 8 years now. Most comfortable boot/shoe I've ever worn. Not steel toed but you can't wear the things out. Knock the shyt off them and wear them to church. ;-)

http://www.amazon.com/Ariat-Mens-Terrai ... B001ASARZE

I've had something similar and I agree with you. I'm wanting a slip on, tho. Tired of tying/untying every time I have to go into the house.

After trying several brands of boots: Red Wing (good for show and non "work"), Ariat (if you want to break them in), Justin (nice for the greenies but not very tough). Finally decided on Georgia Boots: water proof, tough, no break-in time, comfortable, and current pair about 3 yrs old (including ranch work, mud, etc.) and no cracks or anything.

JMO

Those Georgia Mud Dogs are heavy as faulk. A lot of the rough knecks like them but they are too bulky for me.

I have been wearing the Wolverine slip ons for 8-10yrs now. I spend 12, 14, 16hrs a day in them. Between oil field stuff and cattle they are the only boots that I don't need cushions or supports with. They are light weight and flexable. I can't stand a bulky boot that is hard to run or move in. I can get Red Wing boots for free but still purchase the Wolverine boots. ;-)

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... ne&Ntk=All

I have had good luck with the Ariat and Georgia boots. Everyone is different but I can't wear Redwings because they take forever to break in. The Ariats seem to fit me better than any and last just as long.

Brute 23":7k0mrr4i said:
Those Georgia Mud Dogs are heavy as faulk. A lot of the rough knecks like them but they are too bulky for me.

I have been wearing the Wolverine slip ons for 8-10yrs now. I spend 12, 14, 16hrs a day in them. Between oil field stuff and cattle they are the only boots that I don't need cushions or supports with. They are light weight and flexable. I can't stand a bulky boot that is hard to run or move in. I can get Red Wing boots for free but still purchase the Wolverine boots. ;-)

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 4+10001+93
4&Ntt=Wolverine&Ntk=All

I agree about the mud dogs. I had one pair that came apart where the rubber meets the leather after about 6 weeks. I like the wolverined too. Never had that style but i wore the one for 100$ from tractor supply until they stopped carrying steel toe. I am currently wearing the first and last pair of red wings ill ever own. I dont understand why so many roughneck swear by em

Brute 23":2tho2qsx said:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... ne&Ntk=All

I'm going to town today so I'll have a look at them. Thanks for the info on the Mud Dogs.

Thanks for all the info!

In the kind of work I do I use to go thru a pair of 100$ Justin's or Georgia's every 4 months, I switched to double H and they are double the price, but they last 3 times longer and are the most comfortable boot I have found, they are water resistant, I had a worn out pair that I thru on a fire and they don't burn, do I guess they are heat resistant to. And they are made in America, the model I wear is a square toe with the ice sole.

Hope you never have to call customer support with your double h boots. Had a brand new pair of buckaroos that squeaked so bad it sounded like I had a dog toy
in my boot. Basically they told me to deal with it.

Have had several pair of red wing loggers and a pair of pull on's. I dont have any thing bad to say about them.

Craig Miller":v5q0j0di said:
Brute 23":v5q0j0di said:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 4+10001+93
4&Ntt=Wolverine&Ntk=All

I agree about the mud dogs. I had one pair that came apart where the rubber meets the leather after about 6 weeks. I like the wolverined too. Never had that style but i wore the one for 100$ from tractor supply until they stopped carrying steel toe. I am currently wearing the first and last pair of red wings ill ever own. I dont understand why so many roughneck swear by em

Red Wing does a great job on marketing to these companies. Most of the safety bonuses, discounts, or any thing to do with boots your company gives you will be for Red Wing boots.

I have worn about every brand made out there. For the last 10 or 12 years I have bought nothing but Danner's. The American made ones. Some Danner's are made in China. I don't buy those models. The Amercan made ones out last any other brand I have tried hands down. They are more comfortable than other brands. The only way to go better would be to upgrade to a pair of custom made White's but last I checked they were a little over $400 a pair. They are actually worth the money because they will outlast any other boots. So you have to look at it as an investment. And one thing about it, if you spend that kind of money on a pair of boots you darn sure take care of them.

Latest posts