Woohoo!

Help Support CattleToday:

Santas and Duhram Reds

Reaction score
We haven't shown an animal in SEVERAL years. We did however show this year. We had mixed results with our females but we got Grand Champion Bull with our yearling bull calf. We are on cloud nine. My wife who has never done anything like this before, now can't wait to do it again. Hope she realizes that we may not be so lucky next time. Just had to brag a little. Sorry, I'm done now.

Edit: One thing I am disappointed in is that the pics they took at the fair won't be available for 4 - 6 weeks. We ordered them on a flash drive with the rights. I would have thought that with the digital world we live in today, they would have been ready almost instantly. Now we have to live with our own camera pics on our website and can't update with the "official" pics for several weeks.

Congrats!! It is addicting!

It takes so long to get pics back b/c they get several orders and have to edit every single one (takes longer than you think if they are good at it). They probably upload to a website as well, which takes more time. Some ppl order the actual photo, so there is lab time. And of course shipping time! Also, the photographer's are more than likely hitting other show in the mean time, taking away time from your pics. More than likely they are still working on shows that were shot before yours. I get asked this question ALL THE TIME :nod: Well, now you know.

congrats!!! Hey what do good bull-calves look like and what do you have to do to show them? i have never seen bulls show i have done heifers though...

In general, you look for the same qualities that you would look for in selecting a herd sire. On top of this, many breds have certain qualities or characteristics that are considered when selecting a bull.

Latest posts