Woodhill Foresight

Help Support CattleToday:

blacksnake

Reaction score
Has anyone used Woodhill Foresight this past year and if so did you have any problems with the semen. I used 10 units of him on 7 different cows and was 0 for 10. The success rate of the rest of my AI was around 60% for timed AI. Just wondering if there may have been a problem with his semen or was I just unlucky. I know 10 units is not a lot but I would have thought I would get some pregnancy out of 10 units. Most of the open cows were AI'ed with another bull and everything most were successfully bred. I'm not real thrilled with the success rate of the timed AI. Thanks for any info.

I have used all that I purchased. The vet that does the AI also suggested having it checked but I had already used all of it.

I have a customer that used Foresight the past couple of years with very good rates and results. Just looked at his bull calves last month, i thought they were very impressive. Talk to your rep, there are many things from collection to insemination that can affect the semen, mostly improper handling when moving from tank to tank and the thawing process.

I'd call your rep too. They can probably track down the "lot" the semen came from and check their own.

Just had a calf out of him two months ago, nice little heifer. :D

60% IS AVERAGE FOR TAI

AI BASED ON HEAT DETECTION (ACTIVE) IS 80%

PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS CUTTING CORNERS WE USE CIDR'S AND ACTIVE HEAT DETECTION AND IN 2008 WE HAD A 87% CONCEPTION RATE ON THE FIRST AI

WORKS GREAT IF YOU HAVE 1 HOUR PER DAY TO LOOK OVER YOUR COWS

Latest posts