wooden trailer floor question

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw

Reaction score
Have trailer with old 2" thick wood floor. Will be primarily used to haul, store and feed corn silage. Floor boards are very old and weathered looking but do not appear to be rotten.

Considering the use with the silage is there anything I can economically treat or coat the floor with to make it last longer.

Thanks for your input.

I use used oil, plastic roof cement(asphalt) and chem tool mixed together, the chem tool will take the mixture into the wood and evaporate leaving the oil and asphalt. also chem tool will not mix with water and will displace any water in the wood.

Fwiw. Burnt motor oil, diesal, and black rust oleum paint mixed together don't look bad on a plank fence.

Bigfoot":cblzuzax said:
Fwiw. Burnt motor oil, diesal, and black rust oleum paint mixed together don't look bad on a plank fence.
Asphalt driveway sealer /coating works for that too

I've had my driveway sealed, by what I would call gypsies a few times. I have never actually looked at sealer. This stuff I make goes on more like a stain than a paint. It's just very very black. It fades in about two years. How does the asphalt sealer hold up? The only advantage to mine is it will go through a pump up sprayer. Also does the EPA track ip addresses.

Latest posts