Wood Stove

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
Gonna put a wood stove in my house we have a fire place but it ain't much so planing on takeing it out and replaceing it with a stove haven't decided on what kind to go we are heating about 1700sq ft but also have a oil furnace.I guess i am just curious to what kind of heater's have.

rattler

since you have a fireplace in use.id get a free standing wood heater.get 1 that will burn 18 to 22in wood.an that has an ash pan.or youll be letting the fire burn out so you can empty the ashes.you can put a steel front on your fireplace.an cut a hole an put the stove pipe in the fireplace.an your smoke will go up the chimmy.but remember to leave your damper open.you can also get an insert that fitts inside your fireplace.but again try to get 1 with an ash pan.so you can dump your ashes.again if no ash pan the fire has to go out dump ashes.again itll burn 18 to 22in wood.the wood size depends on how deep your fire place is.

bigbull338":3u8lgqnq said:
that has an ash pan.or youll be letting the fire burn out so you can empty the ashes.you can put a steel front on your fireplace.an cut a hole an put the stove pipe in the fireplace.an your smoke will go up the chimmy.but remember to leave your damper open.you can also get an insert that fitts inside your fireplace.but again try to get 1 with an ash pan.so you can dump your ashes.again if no ash pan the fire has to go out dump ashes.again itll burn 18 to 22in wood.the wood size depends on how deep your fire place is.

If you use a grate you don;t have to let it go out. We used woodburners for years with a grate. They would burn continually for 6-7 months of the year.

dun most inserts dont have the grates so you can scrape the ashes down into the ash pan.as im sitting here thinking i can think of 3 fireplace inserts that you have to let the fire die down.an then clean the ashes out.an 1 is my brothers.he has 1 that was built into his fireplace as the house was being built.an it burns 28in long loggs.an his heat is piped into the houses ductwork.an itll keep the house warm.an sometimes down right hot if you keep it burning hot in his fireplace.

bigbull338":3o60yhtv said:
dun most inserts dont have the grates so you can scrape the ashes down into the ash pan.as im sitting here thinking i can think of 3 fireplace inserts that you have to let the fire die down.an then clean the ashes out.an 1 is my brothers.he has 1 that was built into his fireplace as the house was being built.an it burns 28in long loggs.an his heat is piped into the houses ductwork.an itll keep the house warm.an sometimes down right hot if you keep it burning hot in his fireplace.

I built the grates. Learned a long time ago about getting cold in the house while you're waiting for the fire to burn down

BigBull and dun thank's for the advice on the stove's i looked around a bit today this time of year it is hard to even find a stove.

rattler

Latest posts