Wood Heater (pic's)

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
We just got done installing a new wood stove were the dinky pre fab fire place use to be when we pull the fire place their was a hole rotted in the floor were it had leaked around the stack i fixed the bad spot in the floor put down tile in place of the small hearth that was their.here is what we had when finished.

rattler
HPIM0819.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

HPIM0818.jpg

It looks good and so clean. A few fires will take care of that. :) Before we moved here, the house we lived in had an Earth Stove. That sucker would heat the whole house and held enough wood to burn almost a week. But when you went to clean the ashes out, it was a big job. I don't know of they even make that brand anymore?

We're replacing our zero clearance fireplace with a pellet stove in the next few weeks. The fireplace has been good; it has a duct that delivers heat into all the other rooms in the house. We've used it for about 20 years as our main source of heat with a heat pump as a backup source. You can't do that with the pellet stove (actually they call it an insert. It will slide into the hole that the fireplace is coming out of).

Nice job Rattler. You should be really happy with that set up next winter. What kind of wood will you be burning in it?

thats a nice looking wood heater.you can tell its built solid.an youll sure enjoy it next winter.

Frankie i am with you couple fire's it wont look new for long.I don't know about the earth stove our's is an Appalachian it is rated to heat up to a 2700sq ft house.
Thank you Misty we will be burning all different kind's of hard wood such as loucus oak beech birch maple i like beech after it dry's out but it is hard to bust my cousin has gave me a lot of ash alos if i would just and get it.

Thank's BigBull that dang thing is heavy had to bring it up 7 step's that was a chore.

rattler

i bet your back was hurting after you carried it up those 7 steps.i know i wouldnt want to have to carry it.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1h4rx9dw said:
What was /is the pipe in the floor for ?

Mahoney that was a fresh air intake that was their from the old fire place that i dident take out still got cap it up.

rattler

joe no i diden't pull any muscle's had 2 stout feller's helping me.

BigBull i was sore the next day for sure.

rattler

Rattler, Thats a nice looking stove, and a nice job. Nothing like a good wood stove on those damp and cold days. Dry and seasoned wood works best. 8)

mnmtranching":1e8xc9nn said:
Rattler, Thats a nice looking stove, and a nice job. Nothing like a good wood stove on those damp and cold days. Dry and seasoned wood works best. 8)

Thank's mnm we got a bunch of dead loucust to saw up this summer come fall i will round up some green to go with it. ;-)

rattler

I love a wood stove. Wife just got done having a fake stone fireplace built into our living room with propane logs. That will be nice to knock the chill off things this winter.

Our wood stove is in the basement, when I put it in I rammed the bale spear on the front end loader thru the rear flue and drove the tractor in thru the garage door minus the muffler and rollbar. Should have seen the look on the wife's face.

bigbull338":1j3ccmtd said:
i feel for you when you pay your gas bill to burn those logs.

We have a wood stove hooked into the ductwork for primary heat, let it go out during the day when we're not home and the heat pump picks up the slack. Takes a while for the woodstove to warm the house back up in the evening when we start it back, wife wanted the logs to knock the chill out of the living room. Shouldn't use them much. Some of our friends have propane furnaces for primary heat, ouch.

cfpinz":2jduwu6v said:
bigbull338":2jduwu6v said:
i feel for you when you pay your gas bill to burn those logs.

We have a wood stove hooked into the ductwork for primary heat, let it go out during the day when we're not home and the heat pump picks up the slack. Takes a while for the woodstove to warm the house back up in the evening when we start it back, wife wanted the logs to knock the chill out of the living room. Shouldn't use them much. Some of our friends have propane furnaces for primary heat, ouch.
cfpinz my inlaws have their's fixed like that will flat heat a house he has an oil furnace as a backup.I looked at the outdoor wood furnace's those are nice but a bit to pricey for me.

rattler

Latest posts