Wood Fence Post Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a set of those double jointed diggers too--they work good, but ruins ya if you switch back to the regular kind.
(Double jointed means you pull the tops of the handles apart to open the digging jaws--which is exact opposite regular post hole diggers.) I have this kind but made by Rigid:
animation.gif

I have a pair of lineman diggers too--handles are about 9' tall. :lol2:

So far but most of my digging is in clay--and thru some roots. Nearest rock to my place is about 200' straight down.
They weigh more than regular diggers for sure, and will wear you out. One good thing is , you can dig a narrow hole deeper than with the conventional kind where you have to open the top of the hole up.

Bigest deal with getting diggers to last is using them correctly. You jab em in the hole hold both handles together and work the plug of dirt loose. Then close the jaws and remove the loose soil. When you pull like he11 on the handles to break loose the soil you break handles and a splay the jaws.

Rigids are pretty good for what you can get in a box stores.

fenceman":31dvqop3 said:
Bigest deal with getting diggers to last is using them correctly. You jab em in the hole hold both handles together and work the plug of dirt loose. Then close the jaws and remove the loose soil. When you pull like be nice on the handles to break loose the soil you break handles and a splay the jaws.
If they can't hang--they can't stay.
I have several different sizes of the old twist type hole diggers that I will never ever use again--the tee handle augers. Oh what a man killer those things were.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... SY300_.jpg

Here ya go Fenceman--these guys are looking for a posthole diggin job...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrthMJkTFG4

My brother-in-law owns Quality Fence in the Dallas area. I worked for him for several years when I first became a Fireman. All we used were Little Beaver digging machines. We replaced the B&S motors with Honda motors. The hand diggers were the blue Buckeye steel handle . They will wear out but only after several thousand holes. There is tough tough rock from 635 to Plano.

Got a set of diggers in the male yesterday from Bailey's yesterday called "The Hole Deal". Better than what I had and these were on sale, too. Will try when it is decent to work.

You can get the beaver with a Honda engine. I did the Murphy football stadium just north of Plano. Almost 20 years ago.
.New a guy that owned a quality fence co. Outa Burleson.