Women!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez__

Reaction score
The far east corner of Ontario - cheap beer in Que
Sitting down in the kitchen tonight eating supper - wife pours some more coffee and says:

"Oh, by the way - I bought a bull today. I forgot to tell you that Henry was by and it was a nice one - so we unloaded it. You and I probably should go for a walk so you can see him."

Virgin coming two year old BLACK ANGUS!!

On our HERFS!!

Now I owe a buyer another 2200 bucks.

Maybe I will go for a walk tonight and see what I/we now own.

Yeah he has some papers - I will probably wipe my butt with them - not my deal but after 35 years I cannot afford to give her the toe. So this guy will suck it up and see what happens. I plan to not even read them.

Baldies sell well.

Thought we were scaling back.

Every time I think I have her trained she pulls another stunt.

What is a guy to do?

Sheesh!!

Bez__

From other stuff you have posted about your wife, she knows what she is doing with the cattle and TCB quite well when you are away. Apparently, that has made her independent. Or maybe she anticipated you might take issue with the breed of the bull, so she chose forgiveness over permission.

Bless her heart! You have a smart woman Bez! Just sit back and enjoy the ride! :D
AND don't be giving her ANY shi++! :cowboy:

Lol . I'll try and find the thread from last week about them small Angus cows us southerners use. You like your crow warm or cold ole buddy ole pal.

Uh oh. Sounds like I need to throw one on a truck heading east.

If nothing else, you'll shrink the herd real quick by not retaining any heifers.

Maybe you'll luck out and he will be one of those gay Angus bulls.

Hook":3dcj5an5 said:
At least when you leave her alone she only gets a bull. Some women when left alone do far worse.
That's it, in a nutshell. You're a lucky man Bez. She's thinking about the business albeit differently than you might. My guess is you will still give her a larapin hug tonight. Sounds like a keeper. Or maybe she thinks you're a keeper

I would blow a gasket if my wife bought an Angus bull you might can't give her the boot but you can give that lil black bull the boot I would have him listed for sale tomorrow

wacocowboy":3i2p6dfn said:
I would blow a gasket if my wife bought an Angus bull you might can't give her the boot but you can give that lil black bull the boot I would have him listed for sale tomorrow

Well, despite the fact some folks find me a bit harsh at times I have not raised my voice here in .... probably 10 years of more - except for the time the cows were out and the sheep were out and all mixed together and all of them headed to the road - nearly 300 animals on the move.

I had to yell because it was windy and she was on the far side of the flock/herd.

I plan to be down to 10 cows this fall and if she wants her black bull that is fine. She does all the work and I provide all the supervision. After all - women need to earn their keep to stay on this farm. Those that do not have babies get culled and those that do not listen get cuffed.

As long as she gets up at 0500 to make me breakfast, pack my lunch, start the car and warm it up for me when it is cold, get my work clothes all set out while I am in the shower - and then does all the chores while I am away - I can probably cut her a bit of slack once in a while. But she also knows supper needs to be on the table about 5 minutes after I walk in the door.

And you guys laugh but I am not joking - this is what she does. Plus the housework and laundry of course - because I do not believe real men do this.

I have someone come in and cut the grass though as it is a big lawn and she finds it difficult to get the time to do this as she also works about 30 hours a week off the farm.

She failed tonight - I had to wait about 30 minutes for supper - I held my tongue and my temper though.

I am off to bed

Bez__

Glass half full ... I'd much rather my wife buy a bull than designer purse and shoes with probably the same amount of money. My wife won't buy neither of those, still a win for me though!!!

Leave her alone some more and she'll make you rich!
Now she has about 18 mo to talk you into keeping them Baldie heifers and making some real money! :lol2:

Latest posts