Women can feed the war machine too!

Help Support CattleToday:

Does the government reserve the right to draft people into military service?
Certainly. It reserves the right to do a LOT of other things that it probably won't do either.
But, the sensationalist/clickbait/juvenile title under that youtube video is why the question "What draft?" is being asked.draftwomen.jpg

There are people on this board that were not yet born when the last American was drafted into the military nearly 50 years ago. There is currently no draft, and hasn't been since Dec 1973.

It would take a significantly dire event for the country to activate the selective service into an actual draft. I don't foresee it happening short of going to open and prolonged war with Russia or China..or both.
I hope Tennessee sees your post. Lol

I see no reason why women shouldn't be included in the draft, especially with the future of war being much less dependent on physical stature. You don't need to be tall and strong to operate killing machines with a remote.

Certainly. It reserves the right to do a LOT of other things that it probably won't do either.
But, the sensationalist/clickbait/juvenile title under that youtube video is why the question "What draft?" is being asked.View attachment 2647
Let me ask you again, why have a selective service (draft registry), if you aren't going to ever use it?

I see no reason why women shouldn't be included in the draft, especially with the future of war being much less dependent on physical stature. You don't need to be tall and strong to operate killing machines with a remote.
Any major war with a nuclear power will like go nuclear, and we are already are losing an economic war with one of them. Why have a selective service at all?

Let me ask you again, why have a selective service (draft registry), if you aren't going to ever use it?
Mostly to prevent the young American public from thinking it will never have to go into combat by way of conscription.

"Oh, it won't ever happen to me"

Kinda like why all us men have nipples...just in case we ever get pregnant...

Mostly to prevent the young American public from thinking it will never have to go into combat by way of conscription.

I have a very hard time believing you actually believe that.

Hold on now, isn't that already happening? Trans something or other.

So its ok to want equality when things are easier 🤔

Freedom of choice. People make poor choices all of the time and they should have the freedom to do so, as long as their actions stop short of my nose.

Life is better for all, when each stays in their own lane, but that seldom happens
and is why politics were invented. :) lol

Last edited:
Play word games all you want TB. I agree, we do not have a draft AT THE MOMENT, but we do have a mechanism in place to reinstitute it at any time should the need arise. Why are you making this an issue?
I'm not. Just making sure you too understood that there had not been anyone drafted in this country in quite a while. You were the one that kept posting links about the draft.

I'm not. Just making sure you too understood that there had not been anyone drafted in this country in quite a while. You were the one that kept posting links about the draft.
I posted one link about the the selective services (precursor to a draft) and that's it. I'm well aware we haven't' had a draft in quite some time but I do remember signing up for selective services in 1979 and being told to "stand by in case we need ya."

Latest posts