Wizard of Oz

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
A few years back, the wife and I were cruising along the Highline (Hwy 2) from Maine to Seattle. Somewhere along the middle section, we drove through a small town that had murals painted on the sides of their buildings depicting scenes from the Wizard of Oz....
Does anyone happen to know what town/state that is in??? And what the significance of it is?
Thanks!

llcupit":315tfvdx said:
Sedan, Kansas the home of the Yellow Brick Road.

Nope... I realize that "There's no place like home" is referenced to Kansas... But Hwy 2 doesn't go through Kansas.... Not even close... So this is something else... Maybe the bithplace... hometown, "assisted living home" of Judy Garland or one of the other actors... actresses?

Only problem with Kansas is that US 2 runs through the northern most states. Washington, montana , Minnesota, etc. Clear into Maine.. :?: :?: :?: Z

Judy Garland didn't live long enough to need assisted living.

Aberdeen, South Dakota - Story Book Land
A park maintained by the City of Aberdeen which includes buildings from Mother Goose and The Wizard Of Oz fame, including The Three Little Pigs houses, Peter Pumpkin Eater's Pumpkin House, The Old Lady in the Shoe's shoe-house, A yellow-brick road as well as an entire section of the park devoted to the "Land of Oz". [Ross Feickert, 10/21/2001]

(Storybook Land: Aberdeen, SD [Show Map] Directions: 1 mile north of Aberdeen on N Hwy 281, inside Wylie Park. )

Could it be here??

jw":2q8eq9a3 said:
Judy Garland didn't live long enough to need assisted living.
Slight technicallity.... However, maybe if she had had "Assisted Living" she would not died as early as she did! :)

Or maybe this--

Minnesota's PlayLand ~ Places of InterestDrive 2 miles west on Hwy. 2, then north onto Hwy 75 approximately 3.5 miles, ... It also houses extensive memorabilia from the "Wizard of Oz" and the woman ...
http://www.minnesotasplayland.com/places_interest.html

Itasca County Historical Society and Judy Garland Historical Center
The Itasca County Historical Society is located in Central School and displays artifacts from the early days of logging, mining and papermaking. See how fur traders and early homesteaders lived. This year round museum exhibits a collection of photographs, artwork and maps. It also houses extensive memorabilia from the "Wizard of Oz" and the woman who played "Dorothy" in the Judy Garland Historical Center and Yellowbrick Road.

Slight technicallity.... However, maybe if she had had "Assisted Living" she would not died as early as she did!

You got that right!

jw":1gg7oy9h said:
Or maybe this--

Minnesota's PlayLand ~ Places of InterestDrive 2 miles west on Hwy. 2, then north onto Hwy 75 approximately 3.5 miles, ... It also houses extensive memorabilia from the "Wizard of Oz" and the woman ...
http://www.minnesotasplayland.com/places_interest.html

Itasca County Historical Society and Judy Garland Historical Center
The Itasca County Historical Society is located in Central School and displays artifacts from the early days of logging, mining and papermaking. See how fur traders and early homesteaders lived. This year round museum exhibits a collection of photographs, artwork and maps. It also houses extensive memorabilia from the "Wizard of Oz" and the woman who played "Dorothy" in the Judy Garland Historical Center and Yellowbrick Road.
Grand Rapids Minnesota could be right, but what I remember was a much smaller town... Of course, with the fact that Grand Rapids has a Cabella's, my focus could have been a bit skewd.. :D

smart_slider":8z2bglhk said:
:D :D :D :D :D
that would be 'my' state!
ss
I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!

Latest posts