Withdrawl time

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Method of injection can also lengthen the withdrawal time as does the overall health of the animal.

auctionboy":hrnfpm87 said:
Here in NY all slaughter houses are USDA!
Now the Federal boys told me that ain't so. The state of New York did away with state run meat inspections way back in the 1975. It is done buy USDA and the feds say they do not inspect every slaughter house in the state of New York. You wouldn't mind telling us where it is you have your cattle slaughtered and inspected would you?

auctionboy":1euobhxj said:
Can I take samples of blood or feeces and get them tested at the vet?

Yes. However, the tubes you will need for the blood samples (red-top, purple-top, etc) will depend upon the types of tests you are wanting.
Speak with your vet, or lab (state or private) regarding the types of tests you want.

Katherine

What do most feed lot operations do in these situations?

I am very curious as you are only as good as the information you have been given??...

A B you were given as good of answers as one can provide even links by Dun and others...Talk to your vet or your AG rep and I am sure they will be able to guide you in the right direction or,,,,,,,,,post on ranchers net as there are feeder guys on there in your area that could probably really help you.

Good luck with your new venture..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts