Wireless Printer

Help Support CattleToday:

If you have an Apple iPad or iPhone you may want to consider printers supporting Apple's AirPrint which would simplify printing from those devices. I don't know what Android systems support but you should be able to 'Goog....', Yahoo/Bing it.

You are getting pretty good advice above. Basically if you stick with one of the major brands you'll get a decent printer. Keep in mind that most of these companies make their money selling the expendables, particularly ink. It gets worse because places like Office Depot will nearly give the printer away so they lock you in on the ink. I know at least one guy who says he sells his inkjet printer when it runs out of ink and buys a new one that comes with new cartridges. Not sure I believe him but it is testament to the cost of replacement cartridges. Check the availability and cost of replacement cartridges before buying the printer.

I own personally 3 HP inkjet printers. All are multi-function color and will do nice photos. All models are older and likely not current. I can't get you model numbers as I'm not physically where they are used and the computer I'm on does not have a driver or printer defined.

if you are looking at an inkjet, remember this, Lexmark and Canon have the most expensive brand ink of any manufacturer, HP is a close 3rd.

Ok, Dun, if your interested at all in upgrading to a color laser printer/copier/scanner with Wifi, here is my suggestion:

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=90310& ... omoid=1084

One con is that it doesn't have fax (if you need that). Also, the 3 color cartridges and black cartridge are $60-70 each. Sounds pricey, but the fact that you can replace only the color that is out, is nice.

I can't really offer a opinion on any individual inkjet printer. They now fall into two classes, high-end and throwaway. High end is going to run you around $300. Throwaway is $60 or less. Throwaway meaning it is cheaper to replace the entire unit than buy an new ink cartridge in a lot of cases. Lexmark is the most famous for this.

So it really depends on what your looking to spend.

I really like that laser unit and would replace mine with it if I needed too.

I've been waiting for some time to jump on a thread like this one. We bought a HP printer several years ago and the support was pathetic? I don't remember what model it was but I still remember the last encounter I had with their support people. I can describe it with one word. RUDE! I returned the printer and replaced it with a Lexmark all in one. The printer held up but the Fax croaked on me.

From there I switched to an Epson Workforce 545. We've had it for over a year without any problems and as far as refills, we order from LD Products as they are quite a bit cheaper than Epson ink tanks. It: copies, faxes, scans, prints, is wireless and can print photos which I've never used. I would recommend it ............ so far. I'd give the Epson 545 a 5 star rating at this point.

Dun,
My wife uses a canon pxma that works really well, it works well on the wifi here at the house. she orders the ink on line don't know what it costs. She does seem to get allot of mileage out of printer ink.

Latest posts