wintry mix in N Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

dane12

Reaction score
fertilized and planted giant bermuda last week just before we got all the rain,now they are calling for sleet and snow over the weekend.
What will/can that do to my seeds and to the fertilizer,am i just out of luck or does it take more than just a couple of cold days to kill the seeds?

Your seeds will be fine. I'm planting today to take advantage of the moisture. I'm worried about my Pecan and Black walnut trees.The last couple of years have been a real challenge. I hate going to town to spent money. Now I'm thinking I my have to go to town to make money.

I was gonna ask the same question.Last week Highs near 90.Then rain was a comin.So I planted some Bahia.This weekend its gonna be lows in high 20s.Gone from record highs to record lows.I dont think I have any gerninating yet .Will mine be ok too?

Bluestem said:
Your seeds will be fine. I'm planting today to take advantage of the moisture. I'm worried about my Pecan and Black walnut trees.The last couple of years have been a real challenge. I hate going to town to spent money. Now I'm thinking I my have to go to town to make money.[/quoto

okay so the seeds will be fine ,but what about the fertilizer

dane12":34cuqeu2 said:
okay so the seeds will be fine ,but what about the fertilizer

Fertilizer should be just great. But is it granuals or did you apply liquid? Either way, what is there is there and the cold is not going to take it away. If the grass retracts, it will pull the nutrients out of the leaves and into the roots. Then it will come right back up with vigor when it warms up again and only be slightly stunted. Fertilizer will have leached into the ground a bit which is all the better.