Winter's knockin', & I ain't ready

Help Support CattleToday:

redcowsrule33

Reaction score
Today I will be running in panic mode, still have cattle out on fall pasture and hay to haul, among other things. My window for fall chores is closing but fast. Thought I had a few more weeks but Mother Nature has other ideas I guess. This starts tonight.

WINTER STORM WARNING...A POTENT STORM SYSTEM WILL BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL TO MUCH OF CENTRAL MINNESOTA AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN. OVER 6 INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM CANBY MN... THROUGH EAU CLAIRE WI. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL ALONG A LINE FROM MADISON MN TO RICE LAKE WI... WHERE 10 TO 14 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE... ESPECIALLY IN WESTERN WI.

Guess where I live?? :cry2:

Best part is the Yukon comes to visit afterwards and we are expecting lows below zero F by next weekend. All this thanks to that big storm in the Bering Sea.

But we'll have good snow cover for the deer opener I expect. Gotta find a silver lining somewhere. Wish us luck.

I don't care for the cold myself, and having livestock would just add more work. I know around Cable and Hayward their ready for some snow. The winter tourist season is starting already.
Stay warm and good luck with the weather.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully the weather will break and you can catch up.

I'm getting by pretty soft here. The only outside chores I have anymore is feeding the cats :oops: Otherwise, I drink coffee and look out the window :oops:

Winter storm watch here through Monday. Don't think we are expecting much snow "here", but the temperature change will be a rude awakening from highs in the 50s we have been spoiled with lately. Temps by midweek will be + single digit highs with - single digit lows.

Good luck to you Wisconsin. The Dakota folks have had their share of challenges.

I remember this from the last bad stretch...

533_Ranchers_Prayer.jpg

We've got a north wind happening, was raining a little.. Forecast was for -5C tomorrow morning.. we'll see if that happens. Supposed to warm back up over the rest of the week for us though. I still have my irrigation mainline running, usually it's good to about -7C or so.. I have lots of water flowing through it.

Well you can send some of that heat over here Nesi we had 3-4 in snow today and calling for -22c here tonight a high of -16 for tomorrow and I have a B-train of barley to load out of a pile tomorrow :help:

Just close the darned door up there.. don't want that stuff down here. The snow line came down pretty low last night, probably about 3500 ft or so, North wind still going so we'll see what the morning brings... Guess the second frost of the year is going to be a good one

I am not ready and I have not seen teens here before Thanksgiving in my entire life but that is where we are headed this week. Looks like another bad winter. Please, let's go back to Global warming! :D

inyati13":2fxcui1t said:
I am not ready and I have not seen teens here before Thanksgiving in my entire life but that is where we are headed this week. Looks like another bad winter. Please, let's go back to Global warming! :D

+19F here now and it's all downhill from here. Highs and lows will be single digits above and below by Weds. Wind chills are below 0 now.

It is that time of year, and we have enjoyed a lot of Indian summer all through Oct. Weatherman noted last night we had a few inches of snow in Sept that didn't last long, and then nothing in Oct.

A couple inches of snow on the ground now and really getting with it. Got my cat chores done for the day :p I don't envy you folks who have real work to do today in the weather. Be safe out there!