Winter

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Funny :lol: we don't have snow cover. But the River is about froze. This is a fast moving water and they will be running snow mobiles up and down it soon.

P1010028-3.jpg

P1010027-2.jpg

No different up here. On the long term forecast, looks like we might have a brown Christmas up here...which just makes my day. :banana: :cowboy:

ga. prime":35uhgi9a said:
How will you know when it's ready for the snowmobile?

I seldom get on a snowmobile. It's like ice fishing, someone gives it a try and the rest follow.

Limomike":k3x43si4 said:
Makes me want to throw another log on the fire...
What river is that??

This is the same river that flows through the ranch, only about 30 miles South. It has another 30 miles or so to go, gaining a lot more water and becomes one of the Mississippi's main tributaries. It' the Crow Wing river.

Been a rather weird winter here. Alternating between snow and rain. Snowed on Tuesday and rain this morning.

We got 2 in of snow overnight, sunny but cold today. +9 for a high.

mnmtranching":13g95cca said:
ga. prime":13g95cca said:
I seldom get on a snowmobile. It's like ice fishing, someone gives it a try and the rest follow.
"Someone" is usually a teenage boy. :help:

angie":3tilnem2 said:
mnmtranching":3tilnem2 said:
ga. prime":3tilnem2 said:
"Someone" is usually a teenage boy. :help:

One thing for sure, AIN'T gonna be me, I got to have a beaten trail before I go on ice. :nod:

mnmtranching":o3pob4co said:
One thing for sure, AIN'T gonna be me, I got to have a beaten trail before I go on ice. :nod:

I wait for the first half dozen or so morons to put their new pick ups or snowmobiles through the ice before I go out on it. :nod:

10 below here this am, and would someone shut that infernal wind off already! :help:

MistyMorning":c24pdq3q said:
mnmtranching":c24pdq3q said:

I wait for the first half dozen or so morons to put their new pick ups or snowmobiles through the ice before I go out on it. :nod:

10 below here this am, and would someone shut that infernal wind off already! :help:

Won't be me neither cause I'd be watching from afar/a fire. Ever heard the old story about the straw that broke the camel's back? That's what I'd be thinking.

Jogeephus":1fibl4fc said:
Won't be me neither cause I'd be watching from afar/a fire. Ever heard the old story about the straw that broke the camel's back? That's what I'd be thinking.
You trying to tell us you've never said "Hold my beer and watch this"?

dun":13a8lwfg said:
Jogeephus":13a8lwfg said:
You trying to tell us you've never said "Hold my beer and watch this"?

Well .... yeah I have but the water was warm ... just not very deep. :oops:
:lol2:

I luv herfrds":1b0l98gn said:
Been a rather weird winter here. Alternating between snow and rain. Snowed on Tuesday and rain this morning.

That's like us ILh, rain and then sleet. The roads have been trecherous all week and today visibility is zero because of the fog. Minus 3 but with the moisture,, man it feels cold. Supposed to get 15 inches of snow this week,,hope not I was looking forward to a warm brown Christmas for a change. Saturday high and low of the day is going to be -20.. :?

Angie you are so true , a teen or a young child usually tests the ice first and it ends tragically.

Misty, windy here to , what the H . We get one calm day a month if we are lucky.

Dun, something tells me that you have quite a few "hold my beer" stories.. :lol2:

Nice pics mtn. Your lucky to have property with a river running through it..

"Please forgive typos and spelling , not my reg. computer"

ga. prime":nfe03wwf said:

The local townspeople load up Angie and MistyMorning with a chamberpot of margaritas and give 'em the keys to a D6. If they make it across, everyone cheers and fire up their Briggs and Stratton snowmobiles.

BeefmasterB":1enyzlzs said:
The local townspeople load up Angie and MistyMorning with a chamberpot of margaritas and give 'em the keys to a D6. If they make it across, everyone cheers and fire up their Briggs and Stratton snowmobiles.
I thought I saw you in the crowd drinking a box of wine! :wave:

ga. prime":w35pjbzy said:

Around here it's when school gets canceled.

Alice

Hillsdown, still got to feed the cows in the warm and brown Christmas senerio. At least the White Winter Wonderland Christmas will one day turn green. :santa: